Incredible Mexican-inspired villa with ocean and city views is a mesmerising multi-level oasis …
Perched behind gravel gardens of towering cacti and swaying ponytail palms, this enchanting multi-level, 8-bedroom Mexican villa has been thoughtfully and meticulously restored with breathtaking bespoke and artisan refinement to create one of the most spectacular and unique homes in Adelaide.
Façades of curved concrete and rough sandstone, steel framed glass windows and multiple timber decked patios are all intentionally north-facing to capture natural light and warming sunshine, creating tranquil internal settings while offering inspiring views from Brighton Beach all the way to Port Adelaide.
Entering to a ground floor of free-flowing design featuring polished concrete floors, hand-sculpted concrete seating with in-built combustion fireplace, robust timber accents and exposed beams, and an open-plan kitchen, living and dining spilling with natural light – there is an incredible authenticity here that suffices both a sense of grandeur and artisan charm.
Whether cooking nightly meals for the family or hosting extravagant dinners for friends, do it in ease with this supremely spacious kitchen featuring black English Falcon double oven and stove top, gorgeous timber cabinetry and island, hanging black iron pot rack and butler’s pantry with dual sinks. Well positioned a comfortable conversation away from the formal dining which, through thick bi-fold timber doors, reveals more city views over a private patio to one side and opening to a cantina-inspired alfresco to the other.
With 4 bedrooms each featuring various hardwood timber accents ranging from Western Red cedar doors, Oregon shutters as well as Jarrah and Baltic pine, and 2 bathrooms finished with hand beaten copper sinks, rustic timber cabinetry, brass fixtures and a stunning free-standing steel bathtub imported from Europe – functional and versatile living options are as much a part of the home as is the attention to detail and bespoke finishes.
Upstairs sees another light-filled open-plan kitchen, living and dining that seamlessly extends through a wall of glass to a sprawling timber patio where an integrated inside/outside bar epitomises the invitation to relax, share a Corona or salt-crusted mojito and let a lazy warm breeze make you feel a million miles away. Or curl up in the cooler months in front of a second combustion heater and watch the city twinkle in the distance.
Including another 3 timber-accented Mexican-inspired bedrooms on this floor, the main with dual walk-in robes, direct access to the patio and a 2-way bathroom featuring striking treated steel panel walls, black steam-valve fixtures and shower pressure gauge, there space to happily suit any sized family.
Colourful handmade mosaics feature prominently on this level but none more so than the mosaic floor of the outdoor kitchen nestled in the rear garden beneath grape vines and where curved concrete benches and seating create an unmistakeable Mexican countryside feel. Equipped with a pizza oven and fire pit, expect many a fun-filled weekends and twilight evenings to be etched in memory here.
Surrounded by more gravel gardens and desert botanic greenery, this split multi-level backyard is home to an abundance of established fruit trees, a wall of Tall Timber bamboo for added privacy, and a timber saloon-style outdoor laundry that’s right out of the wild west.
Not only are both the ground floor and second floor completely self-contained levels including private external stairwell access, but below the home on street level is an entire studio bedecked in more eye-watering Mexican-inspired finishes, such as sandstone walls and exposed timber beams, trough kitchen sink with timber cabinetry, copper bathroom sink with brass fixtures, and its own front patio bar for perfect morning coffees or gentle tequila nightcaps.
And just like a sun setting over the Yucatan, this magical Mexican villa is saying a fond farewell to its creators and awaits its new owners to begin making memories of a lifetime.
Features you’ll love:
• Stunning curved concrete and rough sandstone façades
• Ground floor of polished concrete floors, hand sculpted concrete seating with in-built combustion heater and an array of Australian hardwood timber accents including: Western Red cedar, Oregon, Jarrah, Baltic pine and many others
• North-facing windows and patio to capture plenty of light as well as natural solar absorption into the concrete walls and floors
• Sprawling ocean and city views
• Open-plan kitchen, dining and living featuring English Falcon double oven and stove top, robust timber cabinetry and island, hanging black iron pot rack and butler’s pantry
• 2-way bathroom featuring copper sinks, rustic timber cabinetry, brass fixtures and a stunning free-standing steel bathtub imported from Europe
• Second floor of spacious and light-filled open-plan kitchen, dining and living overlooking huge timber decked patio and stunning views beyond
• Indoor/outdoor bar, feature combustion heater and butler’s pantry
• Outdoor studio or storage room
• Street-level Mexican-style self-contained apartment with loft bedroom, rustic timber kitchenette and bathroom with copper sink and brass fixtures
• 13 KW solar system, 42 panels backed up with 9KW battery
• Walking distance to local reserve for mountain bike and hiking trails
• Close to a host of prestigious private and public schools
- Bedrooms: 8
- Bathrooms: 4
- Car spaces: 4