Welcome to 13 Henry Street in Croydon, a property that requires little introduction; if you know Croydon, you will know this c.1910 Symmetrical Cottage.
Admired & loved by all passers-by for over a century, and fondly recognised for its delightful contribution to the heritage streetscape of Croydon’s leafy Henry Street. A stunning and intricate sandstone façade proving a true testament to why the garden suburb of Croydon has just been named as South Australia’s most tightly held suburb, and why this location has quickly become one of the fastest growing postcodes in terms of capital growth in the state of South Australia.
Rare is a word which ironically is quite commonly used when describing real estate, and more often than not, undeservedly claimed. Properties which should attract the title of rare, are properties which are of a certain era, of a certain style, and located within an area or street where properties simply do not often become available for purchase. Properties which would fit this criteria, are properties which would be more appropriately deserving of the title, rare. A quick look at 13 Henry Street in Croydon, the property itself, the street, and the suburb, will quickly demonstrate that this is a property which commands, and deserves to be recognised as a very rare offering.
Opportunities such as this do not come around often, and here is your chance to secure exactly the type of property which historically outperforms any other. Perfect symmetry and traditional construction methods from a period of time where quality and craftmanship was the focus, combining beautifully with the most idyllic and leafy location, provides a home which will probably not come to market again for decades to come. The true definition of your forever home!
From the street, a beautiful sandstone façade and bullnose veranda, all secured behind the prestigious wrought iron heritage style fence, encompassing an intercom system and private electric sliding gate.
Highlighting the versatile floor plan, its sophisticated classy interiors, and provisions for further renovations and room to grow, brings to life a contemporary charm throughout this period filled, 1910 classic! Bask in perfectly polished timber flooring, handsome plantation shutters, leadlight windows, and ornate original fireplaces.
Designed to impress, this prestigious estate comprises a separate formal living area, and brand-new well-appointed luxury kitchen with a lengthy breakfast bar, gas cooking, dishwasher, and ample cupboard space, highlighted by the rich natural light pouring in from the double door access to the undercover alfresco area providing fun for the whole family to enjoy, and a wonderful opportunity to excite your sensory-development; the ideal urban haven to enjoy long those long summer nights entertaining friends and family.
The sumptuous North facing alfresco area lined with downlights and ceiling fans for your comfort, overlooks the jaw dropping resort style pool area surrounded by mature plantings, and situated adjacent to the double garage and carparking spaces that can comfortably fit up to six large vehicles.
Sit back and relax in the welcoming rumpus room overlooking the luxurious pool and spa combination. With a cocktail in hand, made fresh straight from the built-in bar, you can enjoy some well-earned adult time while the kids can safely enjoy they’re time in the warm solar heated water.
A short walk from the bohemian delights of the famous Queen Street Cafe scene, two short stops to the Adelaide CBD via the nearby Croydon train station, close to local schools, trams, parks, and major shopping precincts. Get in quick before you miss out on this special opportunity to secure a convenient, and sophisticated blue chip family home, now being offered to the market for the next chapter in its long and proud life.
Put simply, the dream property offering excellent accommodation, multiple living areas, low maintenance resort style living, all just a stone throw from the Adelaide CBD. No wonder everybody is talking about Croydon!
Just some of the features to note:
- The dream sandstone fronted façade
- Leafy and picture-perfect tree lined street
- Intricate character features throughout
- Central hallway
- Solid timber floors, with satin matte finish
- Soaring high ceilings
- Stone bench-tops
- Huge 6kw solar system (German inverter)
- Built in robes to two bedrooms
- Brand new luxurious kitchen and stainless-steel appliances
- Huge rumpus room which can also double up as a teenage retreat or fourth/guest bedroom if required.
- Built in bar and split system unit to the outdoor rumpus room
- Automatic roller door to the double garage space at the rear of the property.
- Lots of off-street secure parking
- Glistening concrete tiled, salt chlorinated, solar heated swimming pool and spa combination with outdoor shower
- North facing undercover alfresco area including a sink, large exhaust fan and BBQ grill with provisions made for gas connections
- Separate toilet
- Master bedroom with access to the bathroom
- Ducted reverse cycle air conditioning throughout
- Low maintenance manicured gardens
- Automatic irrigation system
- Electric sliding front gate and lockable pedestrian gate
- Large water tank that when plugged in can fill up the pool
- Intercom system
- Freshly painted throughout
- Sandstone paving surrounding the pool
- Within walking distance to the much-loved Queen Street café Scene, and to a multitude of convenient public transport options which include both the Croydon & West Croydon train stations
- Moments from Welland Plaza and the convenience of Port Road, just minutes to the Adelaide CBD
- Scope to extend and grow the footprint, both to the boundary and at the rear (STCC)
Method of Sale:
- Best offer by 7pm, Tuesday 24th August 2021
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and thoroughness of the information provided to you in our marketing material, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided by our Vendors, and as such, TOOP+TOOP makes no statement, representation, or warranty, and assumes no legal liability in relation to the accuracy of the information provided. Interested parties should conduct their own due diligence in relation to each property they are considering purchasing. All photographs, maps and images are representative only, for marketing purposes.
For more information:
Feel free to contact Croydon’s local agent, Thomas Crawford of Toop+Toop Real Estate, anytime on 0448 888 816.
Toop+Toop – Australia’s #1 Real Estate Agency 2017, 2018 & 2019!
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 1
- Car spaces: 4