- Thursday 11 August 6:00pm - 6:30pm
Victorian bluestone classic in enviable locale …
Auction Location: Onsite
A charming bluestone Victorian classic with distinctive street face and an appealing corner aspect which retains the original look we all love and admire, also combines easy living and fantastic entertaining areas. The beautiful bluestone front, high gabled entrance and a glimpse of the manicured espaliered garden above the private front fence, immediately set this home apart. Superbly situated at the centre of excellent shopping, schooling and cosmopolitan living, this address fits the Adelaide 20-minute rule…easy access to just about everything.
Inside, interiors are crisp and fresh, while polished floorboards, archway and feature ceilings character reminders of the original home. Four bedrooms are generous in size and offer good storage. The fourth could also be configured as a study or home office. The main bedroom in particular has exquisite features including pressed-metal ceilings and lovely original fireplace.
To the rear the extension is the hub of the home. The open plan living has the perfect flow and boasts bifold doors to the sparkling pool to the rear and to the undercover entertaining and outdoor kitchen to the side. Perfect for games or outdoor dining, this large space can be closed against the weather in cooler months and open to the northerly aspect for alfresco hospitality on sunny days. The new kitchen overlooks all the activity and boasts heaps of extras behind sparkling white cabinetry. The family bathroom and second wet area are easily accessed by pool users.
Positioned on a deceptive allotment of approximately 553 sqm, the outdoor areas wrap around the house allowing for maximum use of the property. To relax on the front verandah or for children to play in the front garden, have peace of mind that the area is perfectly secure and private. Garaging from Fern Avenue is remote controlled and secure. Not only is there space for the current owners’ large 4-wheel drive and second car, this has been an immaculate workshop space and man-cave boasting great storage and convenient access into the home
This home is a perfect for couples and families can enjoy the benefits of a great local school with Unley Primary just down the road. For older students the home is zoned to Glenunga International High School and it is easy access to a number of schools close by including Concordia, Walford, Mercedes and Scotch while tertiary students can ride or bus to the city. Walk the Windsor walk, ride the bike trails, enjoy local parks and recreation, participate in community gardening at nearby Fern Avenue Garden. Everything we love about the area is just at this doorstep. A great home situated so enviably with everything on offer locally.
- built c1900
- attractive bluestone façade, leadlight, gabled front entrance
- traditional hallway, archway, high ceilings including pressed metal, fireplaces
- living and meals area to rear of home opening to large side undercover entertaining area & pool to rear
- new kitchen: Blum cabinetry system with motorised drawers, large breakfast bar, Caesarstone bench tops, Miele integrated dishwasher, Falcon ‘1100 mm wide Professional’ stove with induction cooktop & warmer drawer, suspended charcoal filter exhaust, Franke double sink, extension tap, glass splashbacks, large pantry, appliance/work cupboard, built-in plumbed Samsung fridge
- outdoor entertaining/kitchen: Liebherr fridge, cabinetry, sink, electric blind, overhead heaters and 2 ceiling fans
- family room with IT wall: cable management system, hard wired, Cat 6 to 3 bedrooms can be operated by phone app, surround sound, space for 85” tv
- family bathroom: spa, granite vanity tops, porcelain tiles
- bathroom 2 with built-in laundry
- dry cellar with 450 bottle storage
- ducted RC air conditioning
- pool: salt chlorinated, solar blanket and solar heating
- monitored security system, auto intercom front gate
- extensive outdoor & garden lighting
- 3 phase power
- 26 solar panel system with generous buy back rate
- secure double garage off Fern Ave, 3 storage sheds and workshop
- 7,000L rainwater tanks & pump
- productive established espaliered apple trees
- nearby public transport
- zoned to Glenunga International High School & Unley Primary. Close to Hyde Park Nursery School & Lady George Kindergarten. Walford, Concordia within walking distance & Mercedes, Scotch, Pulteney easy access
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 2