An enchanting rare find in sought after Hawthorn
Nestled amongst towering pine and gum trees and home to an array of magical birdlife, this much-loved family property of the last four decades bids farewell and opens its doors to a new and exciting chapter.
A truly rare opportunity, this incredible site sits on approximately 2,187sqm across 3 titles in one of the most desirable south city fringe blue-chip suburbs. Offering a range of attractive reasons to pique your interest, and where every house on the market seems to be a sleek contemporary or ultra-modern build, it’s easy to forget the beauty and understated grandeur found at 14 Hawthorn Crescent.
A Gentleman’s Bungalow of effortless refinement of yesteryear, enter to wide hallways, high ceilings and natural light spilling in at every turn. A large formal living room with feature brick fireplace flows through to the open-plan casual living, expansive dining with in-built bench seating, and spacious kitchen updated and architecturally designed by Hosking Willis in 2010, with underground wine cellar.
Glass windows run the length of the kitchen and dining space allowing sunsets to spill in. Prepare nightly meals for the family or entertain friends with ease with huge amounts of stone bench top space, copious amounts of cabinetry and storage, induction cook top, stainless steel in-wall oven and microwave, and integrated dishwasher for easy cleaning.
Central to the home is an open and airy office with garden views, main bathroom updated in 2010 featuring crisp white on grey tiling, separate bathtub and heat lamps, and large family-friendly laundry (also updated 2010) adjoining a guest powder room.
The master suite is thoughtfully located at the private end of the property and sees beautiful arched windows, walk-through robe and ensuite, while bedrooms 2 and 3 are spacious with plenty of natural light.
A sun-dappled backyard framed by more exquisite tree-life offers a relaxing sanctuary to sit and enjoy your morning coffee and a read of the paper, while the charming brick-paved patio is ideal for weekend get-togethers or twilight dinners with friends – just mind the sumptuous sunken spa with slate surround, perfect for star-watching to finish the night.
This gorgeous property is every bit a once in a lifetime opportunity, from families looking to hold onto its beautiful bungalow bones and renovate and extend, or those eager to build their dream home from the ground up and add a pool and tennis court the space is certainly there, and of course astute developers who can make the most of a 3 title allotment and completely transform the block (STCC) – choices abound.
With the pristine Price Memorial Oval at your front door incorporating Mitcham Hawks FC, Sturt Cricket Club, Hawthorn Lawn Tennis Club and Hawthorn Lawn Bowls, as well as quiet streets for morning walks with the dog, and the local favourite Pantry on Egmont a short stroll away for the best in brunch, there is an incredible lifestyle for the whole family.
Around the corner you’ll find Mitcham Shopping centre for all your café, boutique shopping and amenities, the Unley or Mitcham Train Stations a few blocks away, and zoned for Westbourne Park and Mitcham Primary, Unley High and a range of excellent private schools including Scotch College and Mercedes College, 14 Hawthorn Crescent promises to absolutely be the start of something special for your family.
Things we love and think you will too:
- Beautiful 3 to 4 bedroom, 2-living space bungalow spread across 2,187sqm
- Highly desirable south city fringe location
- Fantastic opportunity to renovate or redevelop (STCC) with 3 titles on offer
- Huge formal living with feature brick fireplace
- Light-filled open-plan casual living and dining with in-built bench seating
- Expansive architecturally designed kitchen (2010) with ample cabinetry, stone bench tops, induction cook top, and stainless steel in-wall oven and microwave
- Spacious bedroom 2 and 3 with garden views
- Generous master suite with walk-through robe, ensuite and feature windows
- Central home office (or 4th bedroom) with garden views, updated modern main bathroom and family friendly laundry (2010)
- Updated carpets throughout (3 years)
- Lovely brick-paved patio with stunning natural surrounds
- In-ground spa with slate surround
- In-roof storage and multiple storage spaces throughout the home
- Wine cellar in kitchen
- 6kw solar system and 95,000ltr rainwater tank (plumbed to the house)
- Fully automated watering system to expansive garden
- Huge storage shed
- Walking distance to dog-friendly parks and the Pantry on Egmont
- Close to iconic King William Road and Mitcham shopping precincts, as well as Adelaide CBD
- Hawthorn Lawn Tennis Club and Hawthorn Bowls across the road
- Mitcham Hawks Football Club and Sturt Cricket Club across the road
- Zoned for Westbourne Park and Mitcham Primary, Unley High and a range of excellent private schools including Scotch College and Mercedes College
It’s our absolute privilege and pleasure to bring 14 Hawthorn Crescent, Hawthorn to the market and we look to answering your questions and showing you through this magnificent home. Please contact Simon or Bec Tanner to arrange a viewing: 0402 29 27 25.
All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property’s land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own enquiries and obtain their own legal advice.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 14