Contemporary sanctuary living in stunning natural setting
A remarkable bespoke built home, elevated beautifully above a deep gully, seems to float effortlessly in the natural environment. With no obvious neighbours, views down the gully to the plains and sea in the distance are framed by eucalypts, providing a sense of seclusion and privacy in this tree top retreat.
Arriving in this unexpected enclave from Waverley Ridge Road, the number of recent architectural builds in the area sets the scene. The home, tucked below the street, is approached by way of a sweeping, paved driveway directly to the extensive garaging and the entry to the home. Exotic plantings close to the home blend into the wilderness beyond.
The entrance immediately sets the expectation and anticipation of something exceptional. Boasting a north-facing aspect, the home is filled with light. Steel and glass are complemented with magnificent timber flooring and modern finishes. The visual impact and sensory appeal is immediately tranquil and soothing. Set over three zones on staggered levels, the architectural design cleverly offers separate spaces for a whole family to experience privacy and, simultaneously, enjoy shared living.
Offering spaces throughout that open onto dedicated decks, the owners love the views and situations they have been able to create. A particular favourite is the ‘koala tree’ and trickling pond visible from the master suite balcony. Situated on the main living level, windows to the sky and views across treetops can be enjoyed from the bed making the ultimate parent retreat.
The open plan living is the perfect spot on a cold day, cosy around the suspended wood fireplace. To one end doors open to the lounge deck where koalas are inhabitants of the surrounding eucalypts and kangaroos lope across the garden. Birdlife is prevalent with rosellas, kookaburras, black cockatoos, finches and wrens, amongst many others, commonplace in the garden. Wedge tailed eagles can also be seen circling the skies above.
The informal living and meals area is light filled with abundant space for the family and more, while the designer kitchen is optioned for the ultimate in living and entertaining. A magnificent floating island bench is the focal point of the room. Complemented with stone bench tops, splash backs and feature cabinetry; there is a wow factor in this space. A butler’s pantry is cleverly configured and the laundry, with underground storage, completes this ultimate work and utility space. The garage is accessed internally to the kitchen and offers superb storage, and a large studio/home office conveniently separate from the remainder of the home.
Family bedrooms and living retreat occupies the third level below. The fourth bedroom is configured as a guest bedroom with balcony and has independent access. The bedrooms share a magnificent bathroom with a picture window overlooking the gully below. From the third level a main entertaining area is the island deck with space for outdoor dining and lounges.
Custom built by the owners and completed in 2019 to superior standards, the result is an architectural home boasting quality features and a design that is equally sophisticated as it is relaxed. A unique home with surroundings to provide the perfect setting to retreat, watch the sunset, listen to the birdlife. Children can be free to run wild, to climb and explore. Imagine the life to be enjoyed here, perfect for those with a business from home or a need for extra space; a superb situation for extended family or adult children to share.
Located conveniently within a short drive to the freeway and minutes to the Toll Gate. Enjoy all there is on offer in The Hills. Seize the opportunity and make this your tree change.
- Master Builders Award 2019
- home across 3 levels on approx 5,388 sqm land. Natural vegetation, waterfalls
- 4 bedrooms: large master suite with WIR, ensuite, balcony deck. BIRs to family/guest bedrooms
- family bathroom: freestanding bath, picture window
- guest powder room
- kitchen: Caesarstone bench tops, splashbacks & floating island bench, Smeg 900mm oven + Smeg induction cook top, extractor, integrated F&P fridge, integrated F&P dishwasher drawer. Large pull-out pantry x2. All cabinetry soft-close
- butler’s pantry: large sink, generous built-ins. 2nd F&P dish drawer
- large laundry: streamlined with kitchen, built-ins, utilities
- generous storage throughout
- engineered Spotted Gum internal flooring, decking & cladding to house
- ducted underfloor reverse cycle air conditioning to level 2, suspended wood fire to living, air conditioning with separate control pads to level 3, ceiling fans across 2nd level dwelling
- double glazing to entire home including sliding doors
- landscaping around home, fernery, water feature. Decking lighting
- double carport, double garage with auto remote door, internal access, huge storage, studio/home office/bedroom 5
- Envirocycle waste system
- security cameras
- monitored alarm system
- 22,000L CFS water tank
- 3 phase power
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 4