Best Offers By Monday 26th of July 2021 at 12:00pm.
This stunning character family home c.1920 has been transformed by a jaw-dropping contemporary architectural renovation, and boasts glorious unfettered views across adjacent Walkerville Oval. With 4 bedrooms, formal and informal living spaces, outdoor kitchen and a pool, period details are celebrated and enhanced by a sophisticated light flooded extension all only minutes from the CBD.
The impressive freestone frontage with deep return veranda is offset by beautiful landscaped plantings. A hallway with dark glossed floorboards and embellished ceilings graces the original front of the house, from which family accommodation and a chic formal living room extend.
The sumptuous master suite boasts a superb original stone fireplace, walk-in robe and a large designer ensuite bathroom with double vanities and indulgent freestanding bath. 3 further bedrooms all feature built-in robes and plantation shutters. A family bathroom and powder room with separate WC incorporate stone benchtops.
The recently executed extension is spectacular, with an exceptional design aesthetic of polished concrete floors, marble, wood and stone. A gallery of full-length north facing windows extends past kitchen and living, flooding the space with light and sensational views across the rear landscaped garden and pool.
Past a spectacular timber clad wall and meals, the kitchen with a 4m long marble island bench and integrated appliances stretches towards informal living. Through a joinery door, a fully equipped butler’s pantry and laundry. Adjacent living features a gas fire, chic stone wall and marble topped TV cabinetry.
Large sliders seamlessly extend the indoors to an entertainer’s pavilion and outdoor kitchen that intersects a delightful rear lawn and hedged garden with stone edged chill out area. The fully tiled heated pool takes centre stage and is perfectly placed to soak up the sun.
A separate studio is fitted with custom home office cabinetry making it an incredible space to work from home, but is large enough to add gym equipment, or use as a teenage retreat or separate living space if so desired. The garage with panel lift door and built in robes can be accessed from this space, and a carport provides further undercover parking along the long driveway.
• 2 x Miele ovens
• Miele microwave & steam oven
• Miele induction cooktop
• Fisher and Paykel fridge & freezer
• Integrated Miele dishwasher
• Smeg outdoor BBQ
• Intercom to front gate entry
• Automatic remote driveway entry
• Alarm system
• Remote panel lift garage door and secure internal entry
• Zoned and ducted reverse cycle air conditioning
• Gas fire
• Automatic irrigation
• 24 solar panels: 6.6kw
• Car garage
• Single carport
• Long driveway with parking for additional vehicles
• Convenient city fringe location minutes from the CBD
• Coveted location directly opposite Walkerville Oval, tennis courts and playground
• Close to Walkerville Terrace shops & cafes, The Avenues, Linear Park
• Zoned to Walkerville Primary, Adelaide Botanic & Adelaide High School. Walk to St Andrew’s School & Wilderness.
• Close to St Peters College & Prince Alfred College
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 1