Experience rustic, custom-made country living with potential income …
Introducing the exquisite “Corinium Roman Villa,” a rare gem presented by Elders to the market. This extraordinary residence offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to own a distinctive home complete with an existing income stream and the prospect for further business development.
Immersed in the ambiance of rustic ancient Roman courtyard living, this property spans 43 acres and graces the lush hills of Torrens Vale, nestled within the heart of the captivating Fleurieu Peninsula-a cherished destination for Australian tourism and the gateway to Kangaroo Island.
Embarking on its construction journey in 1998, inspired by a visit to Italy the villa reached its completion around 2000. Its main walls stand sturdy with 400mm thick rammed earth blocks which provide excellent insulation from the summer heat, and then during the winter when the wood fires are lit the rooms stay cosy and warm. All the doors and windows are cedar.
As you approach through the winding driveway, the estate harmoniously merges with the undulating landscape, softened by cascading wisteria that veils much of the structure from view.
The villa is divided into two wings-the East and the West-connected by a mosaic- paved breezeway that guides you to the sprawling courtyard and gardens that lie beyond. On the Western wing, a generous family room seamlessly blends kitchen, dining, and living spaces. Adjacent, the butler’s pantry and laundry extend the convenience. This space reveals a walk-in wardrobe leading to one of four comfortable, self-contained suites – currently serving as the owners’ quarters. A sunroom graces the front of these residents’ quarters, accompanied by a capacious shed and carport.
On the Eastern wing, a grand function room takes centre stage, boasting eight sets of French doors that unveil the grounds. It encompasses a shower room and powder room, offering versatility for potential independent living. Behind this grand space, the third and fourth of the lavish self-contained suites unfold.
Each suite presents sumptuous four-poster beds (exception: owners’ residence), inviting combustion fires, corner spa baths, shower rooms, kitchenettes, and private verandas with BBQ setups, presenting breathtaking vistas of the surrounding countryside.
The expansive courtyard, spanning approximately 160m², stands ready to host weddings and events beneath a marquee. It transitions to a formal lawn bordered by delicate box hedges, leading to a broader lawn lined with elegant candle-pines.
The eye is drawn to the southern hills of the Mount Lofty Ranges, extending towards the peninsula’s end-a sight that seemingly stretches to eternity. Indeed, the garden appears boundless in its beauty.
To truly grasp the magnificence of this property, an in-person visit is a must, arranged exclusively through appointment.
• Robust 400mm rammed earth walls
• Elegantly framed cedar doors and windows
• Seamless open-plan living and dining
• Thoughtful butler’s pantry
• Functional Rayburn Royal wood stove (with water heating potential)
• Four splendid, self-contained 5-star suites with four-poster beds, and spa baths in each
• Nectre combustion fires in each suite and living area
• Efficient Chromagen heat pumps
• Wine cellar
• Landscaped, picturesque gardens
• Encompassing fruit orchard (Plum/Apple/Pear/Cherry/Apricot/Nectarine/Quince)
• Comprehensive reticulated irrigation system
• Shelter for vehicles in a three-bay carport
• A mere 10-minute drive to Yankalilla
• A leisurely 25-minute journey to Victor Harbor
• Conveniently 82 minutes away from Adelaide Airport
• A successful 23-year operation, featuring in written publications and TV
• Environmentally-conscious 6kW solar system
• Ample water supply with 110,000 liters of water tanks
• Dedicated 22,000-litre fire-fighting tank with pump
• The presence of three dams (including one spring-fed; run-off capacity of 1.8ML)
• Commercial Blue Gum woodlot (approximately 6 hectares)
• Two septic tanks
Anticipating the Future:
• Potential as a captivating wedding and event venue
• Possibility for additional accommodation development
• Identified site with soil testing for potential dwelling, plans available (subject to council approval)
• Opportunity for agistment services
Disclaimer: We have in preparing this information used our best endeavours to ensure that the information contained herein is true and accurate, but accept no responsibility and disclaim all liability in respect of any errors, omissions, inaccuracies or misstatements that may occur. Prospective purchasers should make their own enquiries to verify the information contained herein. RLA 62833
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 5
- Car spaces: 11