Iconic Mintaro blacksmith shop …
Welcome to the historic, fully restored, Mintaro Blacksmith Shop.
We are privileged to present this magnificent Circa 1858, former Blacksmith, Cobbler and Butcher Shop lovingly reinvented as a luxury residence.
Painstakingly restored, comprising 3 pavilions with approvals for Bed & Breakfast, Seminars of up to 20 guests and live in Retreat/Groups of up to 8 guests; this beautiful property leaves nothing else to be done!!!
Enter the Blacksmith Shop via the huge stone arched, 5m wide, timber- shuttered, front doors into this remarkable, expansive space.
The ‘Presence’ experienced and remarked upon by all who enter is inspirational and blissful. People feel uplifted as they take in the colours, textures, light and shadows and the huge exposed slate & stone walls and original wooden trusses.
– is a vast, 130m2 space and comprises Living, Dining, Kitchen and Loft
Bedroom with ensuite.
– features a 6.5m apex raked-timber-ceiling with original 9m Oregon exposed
– has stunning fully exposed stone & slate walls
– retains original arched windows with restored original cypress pine shutters
– has 130m2 floor of Mintaro Slate flagstones
– is efficiently warmed by a 2 -sided glass doored large combustion heater with
– accommodates a 24 Seater solid timber dining table – 7 m long with chairs
– has a semi–Commercial Main Kitchen with custom built bullnosed slate
– retains the original Blacksmith’s Redgum slab bench reinvented as the island
– has 3 good sized walk-in pantries/closets
– has a 5 Burner Stove including fish burner next to a large Fridge space
– includes an abundance of storage & Bench space including large corner
Above the kitchen, the original hay loft has been enlarged to be a spectacular Master Bedroom with ensuite, under the 30 degree pitched timber-clad ceiling, nestled amongst the original 9 metre wide Oregon Trusses.
The transition through to the middle pavilion is separated by an atrium fernery. The ‘Cobbler’s Room’ has been converted to a stunning bedroom, office/sitting area. Combined with the warmth of the remarkable exposed 3.5m high, slate & stone walls, this sanctuary has natural light and direct access to the northern deck and garden.
Opposite is the ‘Butcher’s Shop’ now a magnificent bathroom, featuring a 5m wide full length shuttered window looking out into the private courtyard, all from the comfort of the claw foot bath or the double shower. A special feature is the rare mottled Mintaro slate benchtops with double vanity.
This Is a new quality addition, still featuring the original 13m long slate and stone wall. It Comprises two new luxury bedrooms each with private ensuites and a large open plan Kitchen, Dining & Living area with stunning pressed metal sliding doors spanning 6m and matching kitchen splashback. The kitchen benchtops and raised servery/bar are solid Redgum.
It looks out onto expansive garden views and has private access.
Garden & Surrounds:
These beautifully landscaped gardens have automatic watering and mostly self-propagating low maintenance plantings; a veritable year round panorama of colour.
There is an extensive veggie garden as well as every fruit tree imaginable!!!
Lose yourself in secluded nooks and crannies, private dining spaces and the breakfast deck. It is ‘Soulful’.
10,000 gallon rainwater storage plus mains water
– parking space for 17 including disabled
– screened/V-lux opening skylights & screened sliding windows
– solar energy efficiency principles applied
– non-Toxic paints and lacquers used
– ceiling fans in all rooms
– 2 large capacity reverse cycle air conditioners
– Oregon timber clad garden shed with paved floor
This fabulous, quality offering can be separated into two independent living areas; the rear Pavilion 3 and the front Pavilions 1 & 2.
This represents the perfect opportunity for a high-end Retreat, Bed & Breakfast or wonderful living space.
The opportunities here are only limited by your imagination!!
With features to numerous to mention, Call Now to arrange your private inspection.
Prestige Luxury Home
Mintaro slate and timber floors
Expansive exposed interior slate / stone walls
Pressed metal features
Redgum and slate kitchen benchtops
Large semi-commercial kitchen
Two substantial kitchen / living areas
Loft master bedroom / ensuite (optional 4 poster bed)
Total 4 bedrooms / 4 Ensuites
Master bathroom with double shower / double vanity / claw foot bath
2 Reverse Cycle split system Air Conditioners
Large double door combustion heater
Seventeen Surfaced Car Parks
Heritage-style timber Garden Shed
Outdoor Entertainment Areas and two decks
Superb native / ornamental / veggie gardens (automated watering)
Fully renovated recently
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 4
- Car spaces: 17