Best Offers By Monday, 29th of March 2021 at 12:00pm.
A contemporary architectural extension by award winning Grieve Gillett Architects has added a sensational level of modern sophistication to this classic bay windowed, sandstone fronted return veranda villa with pool. Superbly positioned on the northern side of one of North Adelaide’s most renowned tree-lined streets, its magnificent façade, incorporating original front wall and highly decorative iron lace, is enhanced by an enchanting garden designed by Garden Art Designs.
The floorplan of generous proportions offers versatile family living and can be adapted as desired. Original period details have been retained and accentuated by chic modern styling.
Upon entry, a long light filled central arched hallway stretches towards contemporary north-facing living. To either side, a stylish living room graced with a marble fireplace and bay window, and an impressive library/home office, boasting floor to ceiling shelving with moving ladder. Up to five bedrooms include a master suite with his and hers walk-in dressing room, and large ensuite with double vanities and spa bath.
The cleverly designed extension takes full advantage of its northerly aspect, with a wall of windows and bank of sliders extending to an elevated entertaining deck, pool and garden. This is a superb space in which to enjoy everyday living and entertaining, and comprises informal dining and living, fully equipped kitchen with European appliances and central island bench, walk- in pantry, convenient laundry and two designer bathrooms.
Outside, sweeping lawns and garden beds surround the fully tiled solar heated pool and spa. A two-car garage with valuable rear-lane access can be adapted to double as a poolside entertainment space.
This is a truly outstanding offering that ticks all the boxes for those seeking a fully renovated, classically beautiful bay windowed villa in the heart of historic North Adelaide.
• LOCATION: City fringe position close to vibrant O’Connell Street shops, restaurants and cafes, North Adelaide Golf Course, Adelaide Oval, Torrens and Festival Theatre precinct and the CBD.
• SCHOOLS: Zoned to North Adelaide Primary School, Adelaide Botanic and Adelaide High Schools. Close to several prestigious private schools.
• SUPERB PERIOD DETAILS: Tessellated veranda tiles, iron lace work, etched glass, lofty ceilings, exquisite plasterwork and ceiling roses, dark stained boards, decorative mantle pieces.
• COMFORT: Ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning, electric blinds, plantation shutters.
• TECHNOLOGY: speakers, NBN, Foxtel points, solar panels, Category 6 cabling, 3 phase power.
• POOL: fully tiled, saltwater, lights, solar heating, fenced.
• SECURITY: monitored alarm, deadlocks, window locks, secure garage with automatic door.
• STORAGE: Cellar; built-in robes.
• APPLIANCES: Pura tap, two dishwashers, Miele steam oven, gas cooktop and 90cm oven.
• GARDEN: designed by Kate Whitelock of Garden Art Designs, automatic irrigation, clipped hedges, fruit and citrus trees.
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 3
- Car spaces: 2