- 11-Apr-2021 11:00am to 11:30am
Auction Location: On Site..
Auction is Saturday 24th of April 2021 at 11:00am.
Beautifully presented, this charming sandstone fronted villa is nestled on private grounds in the heart of a tightly held, dress-circle enclave, just 3.5km from the city centre. Offered to the market for the first time in over 25 years, this 3-bedroom home boasts a versatile floorplan, period features, an open-plan living extension, and scope to further upgrade if so desired.
From the pretty front veranda, a central hallway introduces traditional elements including polished boards and decorative plaster ceilings. To the front, a conservatory style sunroom takes full advantage of its northerly aspect and lovely garden views. Extending from the passage are three generous bedrooms, a spacious living room with stunning ceilings and open fireplace, and a bathroom with an exquisite, original penny round mosaic floor.
The rear living extension exudes warmth and light, with a raked ceiling and wall of sliders overlooking the enchanting rear garden. The kitchen incorporates bespoke cabinetry, Miele appliances and a stone benchtop that links casual dining and informal living. A second bathroom, laundry and access to secure undercover parking complete this well designed space.
Outside a paved patio overlooks the delightful rear lawn edged by fruit and citrus trees.
• LOCATION: A small family-friendly suburb, Thorngate is one of Adelaide’s hidden secrets. Bound by Medindie, Fitzroy and Prospect, the north Parklands, vibrant Prospect Rd and O’Connell St are on its doorstep.
• SCHOOLS: Within the coveted school zone for Adelaide Botanic High School, Adelaide High School and North Adelaide Primary. Blackfriars Priory School and Prescott College are a short walk away. Prestigious St Andrew’s, Wilderness, St. Peter’s College and PAC are within close commute.
• ARCHITECTURAL FEATURES: Tessellated tiles, leadlight glass, high ceilings, decorative plasterwork, polished boards and timber mantle pieces.
• KITCHEN: Miele wall oven, steam oven, induction cooktop and integrated dishwasher; Franke double sink.
• STORAGE: Built-in robes, garden shed.
• COMFORT AND SOLAR POWER: 4.6 KW panels; Zen evacuated tube solar hot water system; ducted reverse cycle and evaporative air-conditioning; gas space heater in family room, ceiling fans.
• SECURITY: Security screens, window locks, electronic gate, automatic roller door.
• GARDEN: Automatic irrigation, walnut, peach, apricot, lime and orange trees.
• PARKING: 2-car carport with roller door and long driveway.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 1