- Tuesday 22 March 5:00pm to 5:30pm
A generational property …
A rare opportunity and held within the same family for over 50 years, this substantial Freestone villa with approximately 1858sqm of land with a frontage of 30.48m is in a prime tree-lined street in Hawthorn.
Dating back to when the home was originally part of a dairy farm, the original extended ‘dairy cottage’ is enviably situated on a double fronted block that has been nurtured and cared for by the same family since 1969. Situated in a family enclave, this home is positioned in undoubtedly the best part of William St, Hawthorn.
It is here where memories have been created and friendships forged over the years and it’s now time to hand the baton over to new custodians of this magnificent property.
As you enter the ‘foyer’ you are greeted by high ceilings, large oversized rooms, and original fireplaces, evidence of a bygone era. A grand sitting room, perfect for an afternoon cuppa with book in hand, takes in views to the outside gardens.
A master suite wing, with ensuite, built in robes and separate study/library offers solitude and space for one to retreat.
The home features a flexible floor plan offering up to 4 bedrooms, two original bathrooms, original kitchen and an informal family room with bar overlooking the rear lawn tennis court. French doors open to the captivating outdoor gardens, taking in glimpses from every room in the house.
Perfect for astute investors to renovate the existing home, sub-divide, or build your dream home, subject to planning consents.
It is here at 26 William St Hawthorn where new memories are bound to be made.
- 1858 sqm approx
- Scope to renovate, rebuild or sub divide (subject to planning consents)
- Commanding desirable dress-circle location
- Wide frontage 30.48m approx
- Private master wing with ensuite, built in robes and study/library
- Original features throughout
- Original grass tennis court
- Room for a pool (subject to council consent)
- Automatic double lock-up garage
- Solar panels 4kw
- Established gardens
- Family enclave located near prestigious schools, Mitcham Square Shopping Centre and cinemas, King William Road boutiques and eateries, Heywood Park and Price Memorial Oval.
- Zoned for Westbourne Park Primary and Unley High School.
- Close to Mitcham primary, Unley Primary, Mitcham Girls High School, and Urrbrae Agricultural High.
- Minutes from prestigious schools, Scotch College, Mercedes College, Walford Girls’ School and Concordia College.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 2