- Wednesday 25 May 5:00pm - 5:30pm
Please ring Tim Thredgold 0418 817 407 to inspect
Captivating c1867 Victorian Bluestone return verandah Villa on huge land holding of 1951sqm approx, a rarity in itself.
Perfectly nestled within deep private landscaped garden and pool surrounds, this glorious residence impressively showcases its enchanting period elegance and rich history. Long admired and noted as one of only a handful of homes occupying such land through Norwood.
Entering the private semi-circular driveway through a magnificent garden, the gracious front exterior creates an irresistible first impression while inside all the character features provide a lasting appeal. The residence is currently disposed as elegant entrance hall, sitting room, adjoining dining room and separate family room, all of beautiful proportions. Spectacular in scale, featuring 3 large bedrooms to the front, casual open plan family living to the rear opening to the idyllic, vine covered entertaining terrace and pool.
The “West Wing” is a recent addition comprising a spacious multi-purpose billiard/family room and kitchenette. It is ideal for guests and multigenerational living with an adjacent third bathroom which also services the pool perfectly. Leading to the billiard room is the fourth bedroom featuring north facing windows overlooking the pool. The large backyard has the potential to create an east/west tennis court, ideal to accommodate a busy sporty family.
In this outstanding location, within easy reach of a range of excellent schools, this home is beautifully located as an easy commute to the city and a stroll to ‘The Parade’. Prized properties of this calibre are rarely offered and highly admired.
– North facing rear
– Rare block of 1,951 sqm with 30.48m frontage
– Semi-circular driveway
– 4-5 bedrooms
– Large formal sitting and dining
– Updated kitchen: stone benchtop, quality appliances and generous storage
– Stunning feature arched leadlight in casual dining
– Spacious cellar/wine room with open fireplace and stunning jarrah floor
– Self-contained billiard/family room
– Large 35sqm shed with power and possible vehicle access
– Salt water chlorinated pool with auto cleaner
– Spacious attic storage in the “West Wing”
– Provision for east/west tennis court
– Under floor heating to main bathroom
– 5kw 20 panels solar system
– 5000 L rainwater tanks x4
– Automatic watering system
– Zoned to Marryatville High School (from 2023), Norwood Primary and Norwood International
Zoning: Established Neighbourhood(Historical conservation zone)
Council: City of Norwood, Payneham and St Peters
Council Rate: $5,098.67pa
Water Rate (Supply + Sewer): $503.44 pq
ES Levy: $270.15 pa
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Car spaces: 5