A remarkable amalgamation of ornate character & designer luxury …
Pairing classic, hand-crafted old-world charm and modern architecture is an exercise, very personal to the owner of the home – a reflection of taste, forethought and aspiration – a labour of love. For many, the exercise is the epitome of life’s journey. What is abundantly clear when you let the majesty of 33 Queen Street Alberton sink in, is how all of these endeavours work together so effortlessly in a result that is, simply perfect.
The journey is behind you. You have arrived.
With nothing short of stately street appeal, the 1915 built, return veranda villa stands proud amongst its peers on broad, tree-lined Queen street – notable for its unique earthy red brick façade, faultless roofline, decorative plaster and beckoning stained glass, leadlight casement windows. Manicured lawns stretch to the fence line, framed with well-tended garden beds and a brick paved drive beyond the electric gates.
You enter into a voluminous central hall – Baltic pine floorboards underfoot, complemented by the light, crisp and warm wall tones, and feature pendants. The decorative ceilings are separated by a commanding central arch.
The master suite has you lost in its expansive interior – room enough for your own private lounge – the bay window takes in the minimalist green spaces and conversely brings with it the morning sun – throwing tinted reflections through the stained glass. Exquisite decorative plaster work on the ceilings overhead and a gorgeous timber mantled fireplace greets you. Each of the oversized bedrooms features fireplaces, sliding door, built in robes, pendant lighting – picture rails in bedrooms 1 & 2, built in shelving in bedrooms 2 & 3.
Into the ample formal lounge, the most gorgeous repeating ceiling plaster, patterns your vision overhead. Natural light pours in through the northern leadlight, stained-glass windows – the second front door brings you in by the carport and features its own beautiful stained glass – as light from the window fades, it is replaced by the flicker of the radiant gas fireplace.
Contemporary golden brass fittings and fixtures, stone, glass and bright floor to ceiling tiles surround you in the bathrooms. Both feature luxurious Carrara marble countertops on the floating vanity and LED mirrors. Bathroom 1 features dual showers, linen press and wall-to-wall high window – the elevated 2nd bathroom is generously lit by its stained-glass window.
Outside the second bathroom, the lobby with engineered glass and steel balustrade leads you down the wine cellar with ample storage for an expansive collection. The laundry features 2-fold away clothes lines, long stone countertop, ample storage, under mount sink and outside access.
The combined kitchen, dining and lounge room is well proportioned, elegant and considered in its design. Drawn sheer curtains cast sweeping shadows across the built in cabinets, TV and gas fire bulkhead – opening them up brings in the brilliant evening sun and beyond the double glass sliding doors to the alfresco – fit with built in bench seat, plumbed gas BBQ, bar fridge nook & electric blinds.
Benefitting from the Carrara marble treatment, the kitchen work space, island bench and splashback glisten – touched by the sun through the overhead skylight. Function and form balance with graceful sophistication – not one angle of this kitchen displeases the eye – not one decision in its design complicates its use. Your view to the outside world is drawn to the green spaces that edge the crystalline mineral pool – with swim deck and electric heating, you will be loving these spaces inside and out, all year round.
Situated on the doorstep of Alberton oval, the historically significant and thriving Port Adelaide district, 33 Queen Street is surrounded by green spaces, shopping districts, public transport and primary & secondary schools.
– Exceptional renovation & additions
– Large bedrooms, each with built in robes & fireplaces
– Picture rails, ornate plaster, leadlight stained glass windows, decorative ceilings
– Actron reverse cycle air conditioning throughout
– 2m wide entrance hall with decorative arch
– Large formal lounge with gas fireplace
– 2 bathrooms with floating Carrara marble vanities, floor to ceiling tiles and brass fixtures with LED mirrors
– Dual shower heads and linen press in bathroom 1
– Wine cellar
– Large laundry with 2 fold away lines, stone tile splash back, stone counter, under mount sink, ample storage & outdoor access
– Feature gas fire heater in rear lounge
– Security mesh on sliding doors to alfresco (dog & child proof)
– Carrara marble counter tops in kitchen + splashback
– 6x power points + 4 USB charging ports recessed into sides of island bench
– Integrated dishwasher, breakfast bar / pantry
– Sky light
– 5 burner Westinghouse cook top, 900mm wide Westinghouse electric oven
– Alfresco with built in BBQ (plumbed), glass pool fence & electric blinds
– 5m x 2.5m fiberglass mineral plunge pool with swim deck & electric heater
– Garden shed with power, built in bench & storage racking
– 1.5m front boundary fence with electric gate
– Tessellated tiles on front veranda
– Brick paved driveway – 4 car capacity off street
– Garden beds on watering timer – grass irrigated & automated
– Zoned to Woodville High School
CT 5368 // 682
City of Port Adelaide Enfield
Council rates $2,208.05 p/a approx.
SA Water rates $220.53 p/q approx.
Built in 1915
North East orientation
707 m2 allotment
256.1 m 2 internal
Offer form link: https://forms.gle/rBBx9NN8nzJSNcoS7
Disclaimer: Realm Realty, its agents, employees and media partners make every effort to ensure that the information presented here is true and accurate. In order to gather our information, we do rely on third party sources and therefore cannot give any guarantee or warranty with reference to the information, statements, dimensions, rates or figures contained within. RLA 306873
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 4