Captivating period charm meets sophisticated contemporary flair …
Auction Location: On Site.
Auction is Thursday 19th of May 2022 at 12:30pm.
Situated in the family friendly heart of tightly held Gilberton, this captivating family home with a north facing rear and pool offers the perfect blend of enchanting heritage features and sophisticated contemporary flair.
Its symmetrical sandstone façade is an outstanding example of its c.1880 era, with a gently elevated eyelash veranda enhanced by stunning cast iron lace work.
The wide central passage introduces delightful period details including lofty ceilings, Baltic floorboards and a decorative arch.
Four beautifully proportioned rooms all with original fireplaces and plantation shutters allow for versatile configuration, and are currently disposed as a chic formal lounge with a superb ceiling rose, and 3 bedrooms including 2 with built-in robes.
A glass door links the original floorplan to a modern extension including a new primary suite with walk-in robe and large ensuite bathroom with dual vanities, double shower, tub, heated towel rail and floor.
A second bathroom also includes under-floor heating, with its design echoed in the adjacent powder room and well-equipped laundry.
To the rear, northerly light floods the spacious open plan living and meals extension with combustion wood fire, that incorporates a fabulous entertainer’s kitchen with sleek cabinetry, stone countertops and European appliances.
A bank of full-length picture windows open through sliders to an outdoor oasis that includes several spaces to dine or lounge, a large lawn on which to play, garden sheds and even a chicken run.
At centre stage, a near new state of the art fully tiled heated pool and spa, with a fresh water filtration system, in-built cleaning system and lights for nighttime entertaining.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES OF NOTE
- Attic space with retractable attic ladder
- Extensive security with CCTV
- Ducted R/C air conditioning
- 15kw solar panels; 2 inverters
- Remote driveway gate
- Pedestrian gate with keypad and video intercom
- Driveway with carport plus parking for several vehicles
- Plantation shutters & sheers
- Underfloor bathroom heating
- Ceiling fans
- Ilve 5 burner gas cooktop & oven
- Miele dishwasher
- Freestanding plumbed fridge/freezer with icemaker
- Water filter
- Automatic irrigation
- Integrated ironing board
- Garden sheds
- Vegetable and herb planters
- Chicken run
- Fully tiled & fenced pool & spa with Naked freshwater pool filtration; built in self cleaning system; gas heater & electric heat pump running off solar; lights & movable shade blind
- Pool equipment shed
- Plumbed for future outdoor shower, outdoor kitchen and indoor gas fire provision
- One of Adelaide’s most desired city fringe locations
- Close to public transport
- Walk to Adelaide University, Botanic Gardens, Adelaide Zoo, Linear Park, Adelaide Parklands
- Walkerville Terrace & Melbourne Street shopping, cafes and village vibe
- Zoned for Walkerville Primary, Botanic & Adelaide High Schools
- St Peters College, St Andrews School, Prince Alfred College & Wilderness nearby
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 1