- Contact the agent to arrange an inspection
Country estate lifestyle only minutes from the city …
This country property will sweep you off your feet. Meaning “Song of the Birds”, Katandra immediately welcomes you to a tranquil, peaceful and personal haven.
Just 6 minutes to the new Freeway interchange, this beautiful country residence is an idyllic lifestyle opportunity, already set up for the enjoyment of equine enthusiasts. This picturesque country estate is one of the finest in quality and comfort in the tightly held area of Mount Barker Springs.
A peaceful residence, surrounded by beautiful grounds, this fine private home provides very impressive family living inside and out, with 4 very generously sized bedrooms and 2 exceptionally large living areas on 20.26 acres (8.20 Ha) of land.
This property is perfectly conceived for avid equestrians. The estate boasts an outstanding all-weather Olympic sized dressage arena (20mx60m), excellent stables, horse yards, tack room, padded round-yard and high quality meadow hay producing land.
The interior of the home provides the wow-factor with an appreciation of fine detail. Some of the quality features of this outstanding home include Tasmanian Oak doors and skirtings, Wistow Stone surrounding the open fire in the lounge, cedar panelled ceiling, a feature leadlight front door, solid timber floating floors throughout most of the home, polished granite kitchen bench tops and blackwood cabinetry, a Butler’s Pantry, covered outdoor entertaining area, large master suite and impressive floor-heated ensuite complete with built in speakers, heat-lamps, corner spa and double vanity.
The property has good water storage of 100,000 litres of rainwater and approximately 10,000 litres of bore water storage at 1100-1200 ppm (includes new Grundfos pump) all plumbed to the house, with the added convenience of being able to use either bore water or rainwater for the washing machine and toilets. The bore water supplies fire pumps, gardens and grounds including the stock troughs. The enviro-cycle system also waters the gardens.
Other features of this magnificent property include:
- Superb and extremely spacious master bedroom, featuring large ensuite complete with spa
- Private large formal lounge adjacent to master bedroom
- Built-in robes in all bedrooms
- Bathrooms tiled from floor to ceiling, fitted with granite and blackwood vanities
- Ducted Reverse-Cycle air-conditioning
- Built-in speakers in living room for surround sound
- 3.5kw solar unit returning a massive 44c per KW produced with Energy Australia
- Solar Hot Water
- Western Red Cedar French doors leading out to undercover entertaining area
- Double garage gyprocked inside
- Broadband Internet and Foxtel connected
- Garden has fully automated watering system from bore
- 2 x bores, main bore has automatic tank refill system
- 11 x paddocks with a combination of tape and stand off electric fencing
- 30m x 20m shed with power and undercover float parking
- 2 x horse yards, 2 x stables and wash bay with hot and cold water
- Lockable tack storage area for riding gear
- Hay shed
- Winter dam
With timeless appeal, an enduring property of this calibre is an absolute pleasure to represent. Brilliant facilities for horse-lovers or those looking for a lifestyle property that is not far from town.
Close to St Francis De Sales College, Mount Barker Waldorf School and other schools. A short drive to the Summit Sports and Recreation Park, Mount Barker shopping district, health centres, the township of Nairne and Littlehampton and minutes away from the brand new Bald Hills Freeway Interchange, making your commute to Adelaide in approximately 30 minutes.
This is a rare and very exclusive opportunity, not often released throughout this area. Do not hesitate to view, investigate further and plan your move in date.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 5