Built on part of the original landholding of the historically significant 1840’s farmhouse “The Almonds”, this enchanting residence was architecturally designed to incorporate part of the original outbuildings of its neighbour, and echo its charming colonial features.
Hidden from view and privately situated upon glorious grounds at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac in the heart of Walkerville, its cleverly considered floorplan wraps around captivating courtyards and is enveloped by warmth and light.
A tree-lined driveway reveals a sweeping lawn bound by meandering paths and a splendid landscaped garden packed with ground covers, flowering shrubs, and mature trees. Embraced by this idyllic setting, the picturesque façade of the house features a long veranda, shuttered windows and a foundation stone.
The stately entrance hall showcases superb Blackwood paneling and a coffered ceiling with skylight. To either side, both the elegant formal sitting room with leadlight windows, roaring wood combustion fire and paneled library shelves, and the impressive dining room feature French doors and garden views.
At the heart of the home is delightful open plan living that exudes warmth and comfort. Drenched by light, full-length north-facing picture windows overlook a large tranquil paved courtyard with raised lawn and pond – the perfect spot for private alfresco dining. The farmhouse style kitchen is equipped with integrated appliances and a central breakfast bar, and looks over a dappled central internal courtyard.
The rear of the home accommodates 4 spacious bedrooms, or 3 plus a study. The extensive master wing boasts separate his and hers dressing rooms, ensuite bathroom, WC and makeup/vanity counter. A second bedroom also features an ensuite with bath perfect for the guest or teen.
The talking point of this gorgeous property is the original schoolhouse of “The Almonds” which now forms a magnificent living room that is the ultimate space for entertaining on a grand scale, gathering with family and friends, or simply curling up with a book by the fire. Surrounded by windows including a conservatory style bay window, stunning garden and courtyard vistas flood the room with light. A soaring vaulted ceiling further exaggerates the scale of this spectacular room. A spiral staircase descending to a wine buffs cellar sits conveniently close by.
This is an exceptional opportunity to secure an elegantly disposed family home in a private and coveted dress circle location.
- Short walk to St Andrews School, Walkerville Oval, Linear Park, Walkerville Terrace
- Minutes to CBD, O’Connell St and Melbourne St shops and restaurants
- Close to Wilderness School, St Peters College, Prince Alfred College
- Zoned to Walkerville Primary, Adelaide Botanic and Adelaide High Schools
- 3 bathrooms. Master ensuite with double shower, marble countertops
- Large laundry
- Built-in robes and book shelving
- Integrated Miele dishwasher, Bosch ovens and cook-top, grill top, integrated fridge, food warming cabinet
- Ducted r/c air conditioning, ceiling fans, wood fires, Velux skylights
- Electric gate entry with intercom
- Alarm system
- Remote entry gate leading to double garage. Large parking forecourt
- Automatic irrigation
- 2x large rainwater tanks plumbed to lawn irrigation
- Foxtel, NBN connected
- Located on 1763 sq.m. of land approx.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Car spaces: 2