- Wednesday 1 June 5:30pm-6:00pm
Opulence on Ormond
Best offers by Tuesday June 14th at 2pm (unless sold prior)
Positioned on one of the most prestigious tree lined streets in Toorak Gardens, and privately situated upon approx. 823sqm of fully landscaped gardens is this stunning return verandah sandstone grand bungalow (c1920) ‘Shapinsay’.
Meticulously renovated with every detail considered, this character residence offers modern contemporary vibes with the period character features of yesteryear. Rarely does a property of this calibre come on the market in this tightly held enclave.
This stunning home captures modern family living at its best with soaring 3.3m ceilings, stunning solid sandstone construction, wide skirting boards and ornate cornices complimented by Jarrah floorboards, 4 generous bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 3 living areas, parking for up to 5 cars, and a fully landscaped pool and entertaining area.
The entrance showcases the grandeur and impressive details that await. A Primary suite with ensuite and walk-in robe takes in views through the plantation shutters and bench seating to the front lush gardens, whilst the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms have floor to ceiling built-ins and are ideally situated for versatile family living. A large open living room with French doors, plantation shutters and custom shelving complements this space and offers a retreat for both adults and kids alike.
ArborCrest steel pivot doors create a dramatic entrance to the rear open plan kitchen, family, and dining area. A solid sandstone surround encases the Cannon gas fireplace and sits prominently as the focal point of the room. A chef’s kitchen boasts 2Pac cabinetry, stone benchtops, double Miele ovens, integrated fridge and freezer, integrated Miele dishwasher, and Smeg induction cook top (with gas provisions). A separate study/home office features custom built-in cabinetry and is privately positioned for today’s work at home environment or alternatively can double as a pantry prep area for busy families.
Two double sliding doors open to the rear deck to create a seamless indoor-outdoor connection with the pool and landscaped gardens. An outdoor kitchen with an 8-burner gas bbq, sink and Gasmate fridge provide year-round entertaining for family and friends.
A separate 4th bedroom with automatic skylight and luxurious ensuite provides direct access to the pool, perfect for a teenager’s retreat, additional workspace, or multigenerational living.
Start creating memories here at Ormond Grove. Entertain 200 person birthdays in the full-length private driveway, throw intimate private dinner parties in the rear alfresco area, to enjoying casual family meals around the breakfast bar. What a lifestyle, what a rare opportunity for family living in this magnificent setting.
- “Shapinsay” Stunning return verandah sandstone grand bungalow
- Situated in prestigious tree lined ‘Ormond Grove’ Toorak Gardens
- Dome accented ceilings
- Statement hallway with ArborCrest steel pivot doors
- Jarrah timber floorboards
- Stunning ornate ceilings with European chandeliers
- Versatile family accommodation
- Primary suite with walk-in robe & ensuite with controlled heating & cooling
- Grand casual family and dining room with solid sandstone surrounding Cannon Gas fireplace
- Spectacular automatic skylights
- Home office/study with built in custom cabinetry
- Entertainer inspired kitchen with Miele double ovens, Smeg induction cooktop, integrated fridges, and Miele dishwasher.
- Huge laundry with extensive built-in custom cabinetry and sliding barn door
- Outdoor 4th bedroom featuring automatic skylight, and ensuite with direct pool access
- Electric heated 9 x 3 designer inground pool
- Stained Merbau timber decking with built-in bench seating
- Fully integrated outdoor kitchen with Gasmate BBQ, Beefeater 8 burner & Gasmate drinks fridge.
- Side by side car accommodation with extensive driveway parking
- Automatic irrigation
- Automatic electric gates
- Video intercom gate with keypad entry
- Solar 16KW 3 phase, 42 panels
- Provisions for home automation ‘Hills Home Hub’
- Sited on approximately 823sqm
Exclusive Toorak Gardens locale
Minutes to Dulwich Village, Burnside Village and The Parade Norwood.
Walk to fabulous local eateries Willmott’s Gastronomia & ORSO Ristorante
Short walk to Victoria Park & Adelaide CBD
Zoned for Rose Park Primary School, and Marryatville High School. Close to some of Adelaide’s elite private schools including Seymour College, Loreto College and Prince Alfred College.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Car spaces: 5