Gracious Bluestone Villa in Idyllic Surrounds with N/S Tennis Court and Pool (2113 sqm approx.)
This gracious inner eastern suburbs residence is undoubtedly one of the finest examples of a bluestone return veranda villa in Adelaide. Meticulously restored, its superbly executed extension and glorious grounds combine to form a fabulous family home with a spacious and highly versatile floorplan offering up to 6 bedrooms with North/ South tennis court and pool.
Set back from the street behind a wrought iron fence, manicured hedges compliment the picturesque Victorian façade with pretty wrap-around veranda featuring iron lacework and tessellated tiles. A long gravel drive edged by clipped conifers offers extensive off-street parking, and stretches to a secure 4-car garage with timber auto-lift door.
Through a leadlight-paneled front door, the long central passage with stained floorboards and high decorative ceilings reaches past original rooms towards open plan living and outdoor spaces beyond. The traditional floorplan provides enormous scope to adapt to suit ones requirements, and provides separate and interconnected living spaces for the whole family. A north facing formal living room with stunning original marble fireplace is filled with light. Working from home will be a pleasure with a large home office/study complete with built-in workstations and floor to ceiling bookshelves.
From the central hallway, 3 generous bedrooms all include original fireplaces and plantation shutters. The master forms a delightful private haven, with custom fitted dressing room and sumptuous bathroom with freestanding tub, double vanities and double shower. To the rear of the home, two further bedrooms share a bathroom, and one with French doors that open to the court offers perfect alternative use as a playroom, teenage retreat or 2nd study.
Forming the ultimate space for everyday family enjoyment or entertaining on a grand scale, the spectacular living extension has been seamlessly and sympathetically implemented, and provides uninterrupted views across the expansive back garden, court and pool. The kitchen designed by Jag is at its heart, and incorporates a range of integrated Miele appliances, oodles of storage, marble splashback and central stone and marble island bench around which to gather. A large laundry opens to a utility courtyard, and the vast cellar below is a wine connoisseur’s dream.
French and bi-fold doors open to a huge undercover dining pavilion that fuses indoors with outdoors. Every family dreams of fabulous outdoor resort style living that this home provides. The ultimate space for young and old, enjoy tennis parties on the N/S synthetic court, lounge beside the fully tiled solar heated pool while the kids splash about, or play on the upper lawn with in-ground trampoline. Embraced by clipped hedges and fragrant star jasmine, this idyllic space is an urban paradise completed by a secret kitchen garden blooming with a range of veggies, herbs and fruit trees.
This home has it all – grace, space, security, convenience and wow- factor. There’s nothing left to do but move in and enjoy.
• Zoned to Glen Osmond Primary, Glenunga International High School
• Close to prestige private colleges including Concordia, St Seymour College, Scotch, Walford, PAC & St Johns Lutheran Primary, St Raphael’s Primary, Sunrise Christian School
• Minutes from Adelaide CBD, public transport, Frewville Foodland, & Burnside, Unley & Mitcham Shopping Centres
Architectural notes and improvements
• Original Victorian features include return veranda, intricate wrought iron, tessellated tiles, leadlight, open fireplaces, marble surrounds, high decorative ceilings, sash windows
• Extension by Ross Lang Homes
• Kitchen, Laundry & WIR by Jag
• New roof & gutters
• Artemide & Kartell lighting
• Extension with solid Tasmanian oak floors
• Miele oven, steam oven, warming drawer, gas cooktop, 2 x dishwashers, Insinkerator
• Caesarstone benchtops, marble accents, underbench lighting
• Heated floors & towel rails
• Ensuite: Limestone floors, Dornbracht tapwear, double rain showers, double basins, Kaldewei bathtub
• Ironing centre
• Wall mounted TV/DVD points
• Large capacity wine storage
• Daikon Ducted R/C airconditioning, open fires, outdoor ceiling fans
• Plantation shutters
• Roof insulation
• C-bus to extension, external lighting & tennis court
• Multiple Data & TV points
• Krix Surround sound speakers family room & pavilion
• NBN 100 mbs fibre to curb cabled to multiple rooms
• 3-phase power
• 8kw solar (dual sunny boy German inverters)
• Mains gas for BBQ
• Krix Speakers
• Ceiling fans
• Electronic awning
• Monitored security & fire alarm, motion sensor lights
• Remote operated driveway gates & garage door
• Pedestrian gate with keypad & video intercom
• Malcolm Boag construction
• Extra large synthetic surface. Lights
• South Pacific Pools construction
• 2020 blue tooth app salt chlorinator, in-floor-self cleaning, automatic acid doser, liquid pool blanket
• Fully tiled, glass fence, LED lights
• Original design by Glorious Gardens
• Vegetable garden, variety of citrus & fruit trees
• Automatic irrigation
• Subsurface lawn irrigation
• Rainwater tanks plumbed to kitchen, WC & veggie garden
• Large garden shed/workshop with power
• LED feature lights
- Bedrooms: 6
- Bathrooms: 3
- Car spaces: 4