Gracious character and contemporary flair in tightly held location …
With an eye for art and design, the current owners have executed a stylish renovation that perfectly blends original features with contemporary flair, transforming this character-laden Kentish Gable Tudor into a sensational home for the modern family.
Privately positioned with a deep north facing rear in a quiet street lined with Jacaranda, the gracious freestone frontage framed by clipped hedges incorporates a welcoming portico, deep veranda, charming bay window and superb art deco leadlight, the design of which is echoed in the custom made front gates.
Stepping inside one is struck by a sense of light and space with the eye drawn upwards to exceptional decorative ceilings. Jarrah floorboards stretch from the entrance hall into versatile linked reception rooms currently disposed as a chic formal lounge with fireplace, and study with built-in cabinetry.
The large primary bedroom includes a bank of built-in robes and bay window, with a bathroom adjacent. Upstairs forms the perfect kids zone with two further bedrooms, a powder room, living retreat and study nook.
North facing open plan living and meals incorporates an entertainer’s kitchen that boasts a stone island bench with timber table height extension, integrated European appliances, wine racks, appliance cupboard and extensive storage. Cleverly designed under-stair storage is both stylish and practical.
Neatly concealed is a newly renovated laundry with space for a second fridge, and family bathroom with feature mosaic marble tiled wall, freestanding bath and striking black fixtures and fittings.
Outside is an oasis for family and friends to enjoy. A wide north facing entertaining deck steps down to the solar heated pool, lawn, and established garden that includes an abundance of fruit and citrus trees, vegetable garden and even a chicken coop.
Nestled behind the pool, a highly versatile studio/workshop or outdoor kids retreat, which could be utilized as a separate home office.
Located in a tightly held family-friendly suburb close to public transport, popular schools and recreation, this is an exceptional offering for the growing family.
- Parking for 3 cars plus additional off-street parking
- Large attic storage room
- Fully fenced, solar heated, saltwater pool with sitting shelf, lap pool and lights
- 13.2kw solar panels
- Security system
- Pedestrian gate entry with intercom
- Remote entry gate
- Ducted R/C air conditioning
- Miele oven, gas cooktop & dishwasher. Smeg microwave
- Ziptap with ambient & boiling water
- Trees include Grapefruit, Australian Lime, Lemon, Persimmon and four variety grafted Apple
- Automatic irrigation
- Studio with 3 phase power
- Zoned to Westbourne Park Primary and Unley High School
- Goodwood & Mitcham Primary Schools, Urrbrae, Mitcham Girls & Springbank Secondary College nearby
- Close to premier private schools including Scotch College, Walford, Mercedes, Cabra and Concordia
- Minutes from the CBD
- Close to popular cafes and public transport
- Mitcham shopping Centre and Cinemas nearby
- Walk to Price Memorial Oval and tennis courts; Hawthorn Bowling Club
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 3