Beautiful character home with enormous potential …
If you have been searching for a beautiful character home with enormous potential to renovate and extend in a highly coveted city fringe location, your wait is finally over.
This delightful sandstone fronted villa quietly positioned in one of Gilberton’s charming villa lined streets, sits on approximately 709sqm of land, with a deep rear that provides exceptional scope to add a fabulous extension and even a pool, subject to all necessary council approval and consents.
From the gently elevated front veranda with tessellated tiles, the front door with stained glass surround opens to an extra wide central passage with Baltic floorboards, soaring ceilings, and squared arch.
Four beautifully proportioned rooms all with fireplaces allow for versatile configuration. The original rear of the home currently comprises a kitchen, laundry with WC and bathroom, plus a cellar beneath. There is also is a large attached studio room addition with outside access.
At the very back of the deep rear garden is a huge shed that extends across the width of the block.
This wonderful opportunity won’t last long. Inspection is highly recommended.
- 3 car carport
- Automatic gate entry
- Ducted R/C air conditioning
- Ceiling roses
- One of Adelaide’s most desired city fringe locations
- Close to public transport
- Walking distance to Adelaide University, Botanic Gardens, Adelaide Zoo, Linear Park, Adelaide Parklands
- Walkerville Terrace & Melbourne Street shopping, cafes and village vibe
- Zoned for Walkerville Primary, Botanic & Adelaide High Schools
- St Peters College, St Andrews School, Prince Alfred College & Wilderness School nearby
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 1
- Car spaces: 3