Grand and gracious David Cheney masterpiece …
Grand in scale and proportion, this gracious family residence is positioned on the first of the prestigious treelined avenues of this highly sought-after precinct. As one of the last renovations executed by master builder David Cheney, the home is a testament to his legacy, boasting meticulous craftsmanship and attention to detail over two expansive levels.
This is an exceptional property in size, quality, lifestyle options and position. Inspection is highly recommended.
From a formal garden of lawn and neatly clipped hedging, a classically inspired brick arch introduces the gently elevated front veranda with stucco and brick accents. Inside, a wide and elegant hallway with polished boards is flooded with light from a floating paned sky light and punctuated by ornamental plaster arches, a signature of David Cheney.
Downstairs, the sophisticated primary suite forms a large and luxurious sanctuary. From the king-sized bedroom, a dressing room of dreams includes a central island, floor to ceiling wardrobes, a window seat and glam zone. Luxuriate in the wow factor ensuite, with round freestanding stone bathtub big enough for the whole family, double vanities and double shower.
A second large bedroom includes built-in robes and gas fireplace. A bathroom with double vanities and separate powder room sits adjacent.
Upstairs provides tremendous versatility for family accommodation. Currently comprising two king-size bedrooms with built-in robes and desks, a huge rumpus / games room with built-ins could be reconfigured as a grand bedroom if desired.
The family bathroom zone is cleverly designed with separate WC and vanity area.
Formal and informal living caters for all the entertaining needs of both young and old.
An elegant formal lounge room is adorned with a beamed ceiling and decorative fireplace.
Upstairs, a second living room is a perfect get away for the kids. In addition, the games room with a wall of cabinetry and wall-mounted TV provides a second large area for play or relaxation.
Open plan living is monumental in size and incorporates a gourmet kitchen, casual meals, and casual living with gas fire and wall-mounted TV. Doors spill out to various expansive alfresco entertaining zones.
The kitchen has been fitted with an extensive range of integrated Miele appliances, a central island bench and countertops of engineered stone.
Neatly concealed are a walk-in pantry with one-way mirror so the chef can keep an eye on things, and a study with built-in workstation.
Forming an extension of indoor living, outdoor living is also grand in size and versatile in function.
A grand pavilion with a clear atrium roof and tessellated tiled floor includes an outdoor kitchen, ceiling fan, blinds and fireplace – perfect for all year round entertaining.
To the rear beside a lush lawn, the enormous resort style heated pool includes an undercover poolside area, spa, seating shelves, lights and opaque pavilion over one half that provides shelter and shade if required.
In addition, an outdoor bathroom means no wet feet need come inside.
At the end of the long driveway with remote gate entry are two linked garages with automatic lift doors to accommodate up to four cars.
- Minutes to Adelaide’s CBD
- Walk to St Peters College
- Walk to Payneham Road shops & St Peters Bakery
- Close to Walkerville Terrace, The Avenues shops
- Stroll to Linear Park & reserves
- Coveted school zoning to Adelaide Botanic High School, Adelaide High School, Walkerville & East Adelaide Primary Schools
- Walking distance to St Peters College
- Minutes from St. Andrews School, Wilderness, PAC & other leading private schools
- Integrated Miele steam oven, coffee machine, microwave, dishwasher, 90cm oven & induction cooktop,
- 2 x Miele fridges & separate freezer
- Zip Hydro tap
- Appliance cupboard
- Inbuilt Electrolux BBQ with Smeg rangehood
- Ceiling fan, blinds, fireplace
- Fully tiled solar & gas heated saltwater pool
- Pool lighting
- Glass fencing
- Pool equipment room
Comfort and Technology
- Downstairs to upstairs intercom
- LED TVs
- Ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning
- Instant gas fire
- Ensuite & downstairs bathrooms heated towel rails & floors
- Ceiling fans
- Remote driveway entry
- Internal entry from garage
Parking & Storage
- Under cover parking for 4 vehicles plus off-street parking for further vehicles
- Roof storage space with attic ladder
- Extensive built-ins
- Walk-in pantry
- Utility area / drying yard
- Established landscaped gardens
- Automatic irrigation system
- Chicken coop
- Built 1920
- Land Size 1323 SQM
- Council Rates $6,313.20pa approx.
- ES Levy $545.15pa approx.
- Water Rates $591.34pq approx.
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 3
- Car spaces: 4