Charming C. 1920’s character-laden bungalow …
Situated in the ‘Garden Suburb,’ Colonel Light Gardens, on approx 770sqm, is this charming c1920’s character-laden bungalow. Set well back from the street and offering complete privacy, this home is captivating.
Showcasing eclectic periods of furniture and interior style this home exudes warmth and oozes character and charm. With gorgeous c1920’s features, ornate high ceilings, polished floorboards, leadlight windows, accompanied with rear lane access, properties like this are a rarity.
The entry invites you to the light-filled foyer, boasting high ornate ceilings. It is here where the original bungalow features the master suite with original fireplace, stunning custom built-in cabinetry and the enviable sunroom which overlooks the front gardens. A second and third bedroom showcase lovely garden aspects whilst a central bathroom with ornate lead lighting, gorgeous claw foot bath and timber vanity complement the charming features of the 1920’s.
To the rear the gorgeous kitchen welcomes family and friends to gather, whilst books line the walls creating the most intimate of spaces. A previous rear extension needs some new life and TLC however whilst you are getting plans done, this space can certainly be utilised as a fabulous dining and living room and is positioned to take in the rear garden views from every window.
With an enviable rare land holding of approx. 770sqm, rear lane access, huge vegetable garden potential with 3 raised gardens beds, chicken coop, and further scope to put your own touches, 507 Goodwood Road is a wonderful opportunity to get into the tightly held community, that is Colonel Light Gardens.
Features we love:
- Situated on approx. 770sqm
- Charming 1920’s character bungalow
- Rare rear lane access with potential for double garaging (subject to council planning)
- Large laundry with separate toilet
- Ducted evaporative cooling
- Gas heating
- Split system to the rear
- Extensive shedding
- Securely fenced
- Raised garden beds with chicken coop
- GEOHEX erosion control system- drive on stabilator for front lawn
Electric front sliding gate with intercom
- Walk to local parks, fabulous cafes (Bond & Lane Canteen) and close to Mitcham Square Shopping Village.
- Close to Mortlock Park Playground
- Minutes to Reade Park and Colonel Light Gardens Bowling Club. Close to the nearby Colonel Light Gardens RSL Club.
- Only 6km to the CBD
- Close to public transport
- Zoned Colonel Light Gardens Primary and Unley High School.
- Close to local private schools, Cabra Dominican College, Scotch College, and Mercedes College.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Car spaces: 2