Gracious luxury in prestigious location …
This beautiful home on a generous corner allotment of 937sqm has been rebuilt from the 1910’s original with grace and style. Distinguished by attention to quality and detail, large rooms, light-filled spaces, quality finishes and a fabulous French Provincial kitchen contribute to wonderful living and entertaining spaces. Elegant from the street, the home is set in an immaculate leafy garden, secluded behind a private fence. Boasting rooms of generous proportions with tasteful architecture features, the floorplan has flexibility to suit a range of needs. So wonderfully positioned in the heart of prestigious Hawthorn and yet with a sense of seclusion, there is little that is not on offer within a short distance.
The grand portico entry is welcoming, and offers a perfect introduction to the flowing, spacious feel of the home. The entrance hall forms part of the entertaining space, and is of grand proportions with high ceilings and a feature fireplace. The eye is drawn to the pretty courtyard filled with greenery and light through the picture window at the end of the long hall. The adjacent master suite features a lovely light-filled bedroom with wide box window to the front garden and French doors opening to a pleasant courtyard with pergola. This suite offers a sense of private sanctuary with a bathroom-size ensuite with bath and generous walk-through robe. Bedrooms 2, 3, and 4 offer built-in robes and can easily be configured as a study, nursery or playroom.
The formal lounge is bathed with light through the wide box window, which offers a tranquil garden aspect. This room flows to the open plan informal living boasting a northerly facing aspect. This space with the adjacent kitchen is ideal for family living or entertaining. The fabulous kitchen by Farquhar boasts a large walk-in pantry, Caesarstone bench tops, central bench & breakfast bar, Miele induction cooktop and double Miele oven. Double doors to the undercover entertaining area allow for continuous flow to the courtyards and the privacy of the garden spaces.
Clever configuration of the corner block allows for highly desirable side-by-side garaging with direct internal access and a roller door to the rear garden, perfect for everyday use, storage and entertaining. Extensive paving and landscaping, automatic watering and security complete a home set up perfectly to lock up and leave if desired.
This grand, high-quality beauty in lush surrounds is located in the heart of Hawthorn. Walk to the library, park or cinema, or take a quick drive to the CBD and nearby shops, cafes and restaurants. This home presents the perfect opportunity to live comfortably in style.
Features to love:
- Extensive storage throughout
- Architectural features: grand portico entry, triple paned box bay windows to front, high ceilings & coffered to family room, French doors, high-end low maintenance laminate flooring & quality neutral carpet
- Kitchen by Farquhar: Large walk-in pantry, Caesarstone bench tops, central bench & breakfast bar. Miele: 900mm oven, 900mm induction cooktop, combi microwave/convection oven, steam oven, exhaust, dishwasher. Double sink with mixer tap with light & retractable spray, water filter
- Master suite: box bay window, French doors, WIR with two-way access, ensuite with marble benchtops & porcelain tiles
- Large family bathroom with marble benchtops & porcelain tiles. Powder room & guest vanity with separate toilet
- Extensive storage: built-ins to each bedroom, built-ins to hallways & laundry
- Integrated entertainment system: projector with drop-down screen in the family room
- Gas plumbed to outdoor entertaining
- RC ducted air conditioning, 3x gas fireplaces
- Remote controlled auto gates, monitored security system including cameras
- Landscaping by Tony Stanton Living Pictures: extensive paving, walls, raised beds, trellised citrus, auto watering system
- Crimsafe security screens to doors
- Solar array
- Rainwater storage
- Rinnai Instant gas hot water
- Side-by-side garaging off Bernard Street with internal & rear access, remote controlled doors
- Garden shed
- Zoned to Westbourne Park Primary & Unley High School
- Walking distance to Unley High & Mitcham Girls & transport. Short distance to Scotch, Concordia & Walford
- Close vicinity to a wide choice of shops, libraries, parks, gyms, cinema, restaurants & cafes
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 2