- Wednesday 22 February at 12:30pm & Saturday 25 February at 10:30am
Charming character, contemporary flair and a first-class location to match …
The classic symmetrical facade is only the beginning of what this C.1890 grand picturesque cottage has to offer. Proudly elevated from the leafy Simpson Parade, this property ticks all the boxes the modern family desire accentuated by a flawless sense of design & style. Well positioned to the front of a generous allotment of some 631sqm approx. allowing for a substantial rear yard and lush established front and back gardens. The highly desired character features have been exquisitely maintained to create a stunning, contemporary home with generous accommodation, effortless open plan living and outdoor entertaining.
The wide central hallway exudes elegance with a decorative archway, opening to lofty 3.6m approx. ceilings and perfectly polished timber floorboards that seamlessly blend through to the rear extension. Renovated to the highest of standards and without compromise, including the master ensuite, family bathroom and expansive kitchen.
Four beautifully proportioned rooms allow for versatile configuration all with original fireplaces, polished timber floors and impeccable period details. Whether it be the four-bedroom accommodation, or second lounge necessary this home offers functionality and flexibility for a myriad of situations from downsizing to growing families.
A wine connoisseurs dream come true, with a statement glass balustrades surrounding the large in-ground cellar with built in storage for up to 1500 bottles, a true luxury showstopper when entertaining family and friends.
A home situated so enviably with everything on offer locally, has been loved by the current family and has served them well over the years. This gorgeous property is ready for the next chapter – Make it yours.
Superbly located moments from King William Road, and close by Goodwood Road, shopping and culinary offerings are only a short walk away. Enjoy parks, walks and bikeways and appreciate the Goodwood quirk or Hyde Park sophistication.
A short commute via bike, tram or foot down King William Street will land you in the heart of the CBD. The ultra-convenient Wayville tram stop only 100m away gives direct access to the CBD or coast.
Children might attend one of the many sought-after schools close by including St Thomas School, Annesley or Goodwood Primary or take advantage of the zoning for this address to Glenunga International High and the elite private schools nearby.
- C.1890 sandstone symmetrical cottage on a generous parcel of 631sqm (approximately)
- Freshly painted and updated inside and out, including lighting/fans, hardware, roofing and guttering
- Iron fence, with electric gate for secure parking of up to 2 vehicles off street, 1 undercover car port
- Master suite with walk through robe, 2Pac shelving, updated ensuite and original fireplace
- Bedrooms 2 and 3 with 2Pac built in robes and original fireplaces. Bedroom 4/Lounge with built in 2Pac Bookshelf/storage and original fireplace
- Newly designed modern kitchen with 900mm wide gas cooktop and oven, stone bench tops, dishwasher and double sink
- Character Features; polished timber floors, high ceilings, original fireplaces, decorative cornices and archway, ceiling roses, leadlight and cellar
- Large garden/storage shed
- Ducted evaporative cooling and gas heating
- Family sized laundry with external access
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 2