Versatile character with Tuscan style garden & pool, plus valuable rear access …
Auction Location: Saturday 12th of August at 11:30am on site.
This stylishly renovated Art Deco beauty offers an outstanding opportunity to secure an impeccably presented character home in this prestigious and exclusive historic city-fringe location. Situated on a quiet no-through street with rear access to off-street parking, the highly flexible and spacious floorplan surrounded by a delightful low maintenance landscaped garden will suit a large range of buyers.
A peaceful Mediterranean aesthetic is evident upon entry. Nestled behind a high wall flanked by abundant Persimmon trees, a dappled courtyard garden with a gentle water feature and fishpond introduces the appealing 1930s’ façade and veranda supported by classical columns with a striking terrazzo floor.
A leadlight panelled door opens to a central hallway grounded by superb New Zealand Rimu floorboards that extend through to sundrenched living. Original design details include timber joinery and exceptional Art Deco ceiling roses.
With up to five large bedrooms and a study, the highly versatile floorplan will easily adapt to one’s needs, including formal living and second study if desired. The large primary suite includes an ensuite bathroom and walk-in robe. Having undergone an architectural renovation, the main bathroom, separate powder room and laundry are a showpiece of chic contemporary design tied together by marble accents.
Open plan living has an overwhelming sense of space and light with a high vaulted ceiling and monumental floor to ceiling windows connecting the tranquil rear garden through French doors. The architecturally designed kitchen sits behind a wraparound bench with granite countertops and includes a host of European appliances.
Outside is truly special, evoking a sun-kissed alfresco Tuscan lifestyle set within a private walled garden bound by fruit and citrus trees. To one side, a pergola entwined by a glorious ornamental grape vine provides shade adjacent to a paved dining area. To the other, the sensational fully tiled and heated pool with swim jets and arched water feature includes a hidden equipment and storage shed behind.
To the rear of the property is a secure double garage with storage and remote entry access from Medindie Lane – a wide, quiet no through road with an avenue of trees that provides ample off-street parking for additional vehicles and guests.
- Dry cellar with wine racks
- Solar heated saltwater pool
- Badu swim jets
- Solar blanket
- Ducted refrigerated air conditioning and ducted gas heating throughout
- Plantation shutters
- Miele oven & dishwasher
- Ilve gas cooktop & Qasair extractor
- Rinnai water temperature controls
- NBN connected
- Landscaped garden
- Automatic irrigation
- Rainwater tanks
- Water features
- Garden lighting
- Persimmon, apricot, lemon & peach trees
- Drying yard
- Remote 2 car garage entry
- Secure entry front and rear
- Zoned to Walkerville Primary, North Adelaide Primary, Botanic and Adelaide High Schools
- Walking distance to Wilderness School
- Close to St Peters College, St Andrews School & PAC
- Exclusive city fringe position
- Minutes from the CBD, Parklands, Horse Park, Dog Park, Prospect Road
- Close to North Adelaide, O’Connell St, Melbourne St, Walkerville Terrace shopping, restaurants & cafes
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 2