Design brilliance on Brandreth …
Situated in the exclusive eastern suburb enclave of Tusmore on approximately 574sqm, this impeccably extended c1926 bungalow will impress with its design brilliance and versatility.
Showcasing classic interior style, the home captures the northern winter sun. You will fall in love with the high ceilings, etched glass lead lighting, French doors, picture windows, and open fireplaces.
A quiet, corner allotment shows off the gorgeous façade whilst the rear extension takes advantage of the block’s position with views from every window and dedicated side garaging for multiple vehicles.
Entering the home, the ceiling height is grand. With accented classic features, there is a sense of calm and balance. The front living area has gorgeous picture windows which overlook the delightful established front gardens. There is an open fireplace and custom bookshelf. This space lends itself to a quiet reading room or alternate 4th bedroom.
The primary suite offers high ceilings, a wall of built-in robes, a separate dressing room with custom American Cherry cabinetry, and a fabulous ensuite with dual vanities, large shower and a luxurious freestanding bathtub. All highlighted by divine lead lighting.
Off the hallway there is a dedicated home office with custom desk and a wall of built-in bookshelves, whilst the third bedroom captures the afternoon light and showcases original bungalow features and custom drapery.
A separate versatile living wing offers a large private bedroom with generous built in robe, bathroom and separate toilet leading to a laundry with external access. Perfect for multigenerational families, older teenagers, or interstate guests.
2 Brandreth Street Tusmore has succeeded in weaving old and new together to create a sense of belonging and continuity.
The chef’s kitchen is the heart of this home and includes stainless steel Miele and Bosch appliances, Miele dishwasher, extensive accented built-in American Cherry cabinetry, and an island workbench that doubles as a breakfast bar which overlooks the impressive open plan living area and rear entertaining courtyard.
The formal dining room can sit up to 10 people and opens to the side alfresco courtyard via delightful French doors. Ideal for entertaining friends and family or an afternoon cup of tea or glass of wine.
The wall of windows allows the natural light to flow in and reinforces the connection of indoor and outdoor living. With phantom screens, a covered pergola, and private low maintenance manicured gardens, you have year-round entertaining in style.
Extensive rear garaging, and a dedicated service yard allows for storage and a home workshop or studio if desired.
Perfectly positioned in one of Adelaide’s best streets, this home is close to local shopping, the CBD and nearby amenities, and is situated a short distance to some of the best public and private schools in Adelaide.
Enjoy living in the beautiful exclusive eastern enclave that is Tusmore.
- Classic C1926 bungalow with character features
- High ceilings
- Open fireplaces
- Polished floorboards throughout
- Ducted RC heating and cooling
- Master with built-in robes, dressing room and ensuite
- Dedicated home office with custom cabinetry
- 2 instant gas water heaters
- Gas log fire in living room
- Bosch convection oven
- Bosch microwave /convection oven
- Miele gas cooktop
- Miele range hood
- Miele Dishwasher
- Chef’s kitchen with Caesarstone and custom American Cherry cabinetry with island bench
- Second lounge room with lovely garden aspect
- Formal dining room with alfresco access
- Triple car garaging
- Powered shed/workshop
- 5 KW solar panel system
- 2 rainwater tanks each approx.2500L
- Irrigation to front garden
- Service yard for bins
- Sandstone paving
- Close to beautiful Tusmore Park
- Short stroll to Burnside Village
- Located a short distance from public transport
- Minutes from Marryatville Shopping Village and The Parade shopping destination
- Short drive to the CBD
- Zoned for Marryatville Primary School, Linden Park Primary School and Marryatville High School. Close to prestigious private schools, St Peter’s Girls’ School, Loreto College, Pembroke School, and Saint Ignatius College
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 3