Character, style and scale – rare, premium living in the heart of Penola …
This is the one you’ve been waiting for. A large, family home on a spacious 2725m2, in the heart of Penola packed full of charm, practicality and indulgence. Built in approx 1913 this historic home is one of Penola’s rare treasures.
The location speaks for itself. Only a stone’s throw away from all of Penola’s fantastic amenities and overlooking the beautiful Penola Hospital Gardens.
From the front of the home the classic white weatherboards, bullnose verandah and heritage coloured roof ooze charm. Inside you’ll find the perfect blend of original character complemented with high quality modern updates to bring the home into the modern era.
The home offers an open plan kitchen and dining area with island bench, 80cm oven, dishwasher, wine rack, pressed tin splashback and reverse cycle heating and cooling. In those cooler months, enjoy eating your breakfast at the dining table with southern views out over the garden and a warm fire burning in one of the many beautiful open fires and mantles prominent throughout the property. This area extends to an expansive living area and generous passage finished with stunning baltic floors and pressed tin feature ceilings and walls.
The master bedroom offers woollen carpet, French double doors (to the garden area), WIR and new ensuite with shower and toilet. The main bathroom (with large bath, separate shower, double vanity and floor to ceiling tiles), separate toilet and laundry (packed full of storage) have all also been renovated with no expense spared.
The other three bedrooms are all very generous in size especially one bedroom offering 22m2 of luxury complete with bay window (would also make a fantastic second living area). An additional office can also be found near the bedrooms and the rear entrance of the home offers a convenient mud room space.
If you thought the inside was exciting, wait until you wander outside! Every box has been ticked.
Key features include:
– 15m x 9m timber lined shed with 4 roller doors, power, concrete floor and adjoining toilet
– A 9m x 6m timber lined room ideal to be used as a studio, office, retreat or gym. The space also offers power and air con.
– A 6m x 6m outdoor entertaining area which boasts a wood fired pizza oven.
– A basketball/play area complete with artificial turf.
– Established trees and garden, fruit trees, veggie boxes and wood shed.
– Over 40,000L of rainwater, Equipped bore operating garden waters and toilets and the addition of mains water when or if needed.
Other things to note:
– External painting completed in 2020.
– New gas hot water system.
– Ceiling fans in all bedrooms.
– The home has been completely rewired.
– Council rates $663 per quarter.
This property truly is a rare find in the wonderful Penola community.
Price guide for the property is $700,000.00
21 Church St will be offered by Auction on Friday the 5th of May at 4pm, on site. Contact Karly Honner 0438 339 729 or Tom Pearce 0427 642 138 to arrange an inspection or to find out more.
Property Code: 864
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 4