Bluestone beauty with character charm C. 1884 …
This charming early bluestone Victorian classic with delightful street presence retains original features while combining beautiful light-filled spaces and private outdoor areas for great living. Superbly situated in this premier location in Malvern, the home is within a short walk to the shopping and dining delights of Unley Road.
Behind the gracious iron fence there is an immediate sense of something special with tessellated tiles, pointed stonework, decorative plasterwork and splendid leadlight. Inside, interiors are crisp and fresh while polished floorboards, archway and French doors retain elegance of the original home. A formal lounge is a cosy retreat with an elegant fireplace and leadlight. The family bathroom was a modern addition of the mid-century and has excellent examples of features from that era. To the rear of the home the extension boasts feature ceilings and large windows allowing for ample natural light and creating a wonderful ambiance for everyday living. This room opens onto a huge covered outdoor entertaining area. The kitchen overlooks the family room, while adjacent, there is also access to an intimate courtyard from the dining area. Further to the extension is an impressive space currently configured as a fourth bedroom. With access to the second bathroom this could be the choice for main bedroom or would be perfect for independent living, a studio, games room or home office. The large laundry features ample bench and cupboard space and could be well utilised as a mudroom/workroom.
Positioned on a substantial allotment of approximately 682 sqm there is a lovely lawned garden to the rear of the property ideal for children to play or enjoy the perfect space to create a dream pool with easy side access.
For families, enjoy the benefits of a great local school with Unley Primary just across the road. For older students the home is zoned to Glenunga International High School and there is easy access to a number of other popular schools close by or tertiary students can ride or bus to the city. For members of the family can enjoy the beautiful grounds of Unley Oval. Everything we love about Unley is just at the doorstep. A great home situated so enviably with everything on offer locally.
- Government records state house built 1910 but historical research indicates it was originally a seven roomed dwelling in 1884. Extension circa 1990-1992
- Attractive bluestone fronted, Victorian leadlight including in door
- Traditional hallway, archway, high ceilings, cornices & plasterwork to original rooms
- French doors to two original rooms
- Living and meals area to rear of home opening to large undercover entertaining area and a courtyard on alternate side
- Spacious kitchen: Smeg double oven & gas cooktop, Asko dishwasher, double sink, Insinkerator, Pura Tap
- Family room with feature ceilings, gas heater, wine cupboard
- Retro family bathroom
- Second bathroom with flexible use as ensuite or guest bathroom
- Ducted zoned RC airconditioning, sep unit to 4th bedroom
- Security system, auto gate
- Extensive painting since 2019, roof resealed 2017
- Valuable off-street parking with potential for further garaging options
- Foxtell satellite dish with 3 connection outlets
- Zoned to Glenunga International High School & Unley Primary
Council Rates: $3378pa approx
Water Rates: $346.69pq approx
E.S. Levy: $296.95pa approx
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 3