Magnificent architectural elegance in Hawthorn …
A unique opportunity to secure a Newell Platten Designed home from renowned Dixen Platten Architects in a prominent Hawthorn location, Twenty-Six George Street.
Extensively updated throughout, this stunning 1974 build is an extraordinary example of master craftsmanship, with renovations honouring the original features such as a unique use of exotic timbers, solid brickwork, feature concrete lintels, and custom built-in cabinetry.
Featuring four bedrooms and two bathrooms over two magnificent levels, this exceptional home is both functional and architecturally brilliant, with large picture windows inviting the glorious garden surrounds into the home and complimenting the raw elements and natural materials throughout.
Set on 740sqm of stunning landscaped gardens including external decking and bridge over the winter creek allowing private rear gate access to Morris Reserve, Mitcham Library and Mitcham Village Square.
Things we absolutely love about this exceptional home;
– Downstairs master bedroom with walk through robe, ensuite and doors
opening to deck and garden
– Separate formal and casual living areas with modern galley kitchen featuring Miele appliances
– Extensively and sympathetically renovated in 2009 including rewiring and re-plumbing
– Original wooden built-in cabinetry throughout
– Modern gas fireplace and reverse cycle Daikin air conditioners
– Designer Collage Pendant Lights manufactured by Louis Poulson Lighting
– Custom rattan blinds throughout, living areas with dual sheer privacy
– Double garage with feature timber door and built in storage cupboards
– Feature and security lighting to front garden and automated irrigation
– Easy access utility yard with storage room / workshop
– Magnificent grounds with winter creek, featuring 350 year old river gums with nesting boxes, birdlife and koalas
– Automated pedestrian gate with intercom and security system
– Private rear gate access to Morris Reserve, Mitcham Library and Mitcham Village Square
A once in a lifetime opportunity to secure a magnificent piece of Hawthorns’ Architectural history.
It’s our absolute privilege and pleasure to bring this property to the market. Please call Dave Smith on 0418 896 392 with any questions about the home or for further information about the local area. We’re here to help and we’d love to hear from you!
All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property’s land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own enquiries and obtain their own legal advice.
Please note, you enter the property at your own risk. Tanner Real Estate and the property owners accept no responsibility for any accidents, injuries, illness or any other liability that may occur while on the premises or its facilities.
Please take all care upon entering the property, as uneven paths, pavers, steps and other obstacles may be present.
CT | 5076-249
Council | City of Mitcham
Zoning | Z1506/Established Neighbourhood
Built | 1973
Land | 740m2 (Approx.)
Council Rates | $3,431.15 p.a.
ES Levy | $129.40 p.q.
S.A. Water | $74.20 p.q.
Sewer | $230.25 p.q.
Title | Torrens
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 2