Elegant villa with enchanting grounds in exclusive position …
Auction Location: Sunday 20th of August at 11:00am on site.
With an exceptional position on one of the quietest and most sought-after of College Park’s exclusive tree lined streets, this elegant sandstone villa has been beautifully maintained and enjoyed by the current family for over 40 years. Its spacious and versatile floorplan, enchanting gardens and highly coveted setting combine to form an outstanding home for a new generation to cherish.
The picturesque facade with tessellated tiled veranda is framed by glorious plantings that sit beneath the boughs of a magnificent Crepe Myrtle. A driveway, edged by manicured box hedges and fragrant star jasmine, stretches to a wisteria clad entrance.
A light, bright hallway features polished boards, lofty ceilings, and a decorative arch that intersects principal rooms of generous proportion and flexibility.
Northerly light drenches both front rooms that enjoy a pretty garden aspect. The gracious sitting room includes a highly decorative fireplace and a door opening to the veranda, whilst the refined primary bedroom incorporates a walk-in robe and beautifully renovated ensuite with heated floors and towel rail.
Four further bedrooms can easily be adapted to suit one’s requirements, with one incorporating a walk-in robe. The family bathroom includes heated rails, tub with a garden outlook, and adjacent laundry.
The open plan living extension designed by renowned architect Rob Williams, forms a light-filled family hub overlooking the glorious rear garden and pool. Its timeless aesthetic underpinned by parquetry floors, comprises a kitchen with European appliances, pantry cupboard and breakfast bar, whilst French doors link casual meals and dining through to outdoor dining, and a veranda under which to perch and soak up the peaceful surrounds.
The carefully tended garden bound by towering ornamental pears, pencil pines and manicured hedging provides tranquillity, focal points and functionality. Paving and lawn introduce the glass fenced solar heated pool and spa with a walled backdrop punctuated by a stunning arch of star jasmine flanked by magnolia.
Discreetly concealed by lattice, a pool equipment/tool shed and secure double garage with valuable rear lane access.
The location of this property is truly outstanding. With sought after school zoning, it is steps from St Peters College, only minutes from the city, and a short walk to Linear Park, the Torrens, Parklands, Zoo, bakeries and cafes.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES OF NOTE
- Valuable rear lane access from Lincoln Lane
- Secure double garage with remote entry
- Solar heated saltwater pool with swim jets, spa & lights
- Cellar with wine racks
- Miele oven & warming drawer
- Gas cooktop
- Miele dishwasher
- Panasonic microwave/convection oven
- Ducted gas heating
- Ducted evaporative cooling in open plan living
- Ceiling fans
- Plantation shutters
- Linen cupboards
- Automatic irrigation
- NBN connected
- One of Adelaide’s most exclusive city fringe locations
- Less than 5km to Victoria Square
- Close to public transport
- Walk to Linear Park recreation, Twelftree Reserve, Burchell Reserve, Botanical Gardens & Zoo
- Coveted zoning to Walkerville Primary, East Adelaide Primary, Adelaide Botanic & Adelaide High Schools
- Walk to St Peters College. Close to St Andrews School, Prince Alfred College & Wilderness School
- The Avenues, Payneham Road & Walkerville Terrace
- Stroll to St Peters bakery & cafes
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 4