A rare opportunity to own an established home in this tightly held area …
Sited on a generous allotment of nearly 1.5 acres, this character, weatherboard house stretches across its wide, 49m frontage and enjoys an elevated position with views over the botanic garden into the valley below.
Meticulously developed over 40 years by the current owners, this property leaves nothing wanting and is absolutely packed with extras.
The home has a warm and inviting atmosphere, with Western Red Cedar bay windows and French doors adding charm, and quality fixtures and fittings are evident throughout. Lovely views through all windows to the impressive surrounding gardens. Multiple outdoor entertaining areas allow for flexibility and are headlined by the north facing deck with covered area. Whether you feel like making pizza in the Italian style alfresco area with wood-fired pizza oven or having a BBQ in the sheltered courtyard, you’ll be spoilt for choice when entertaining friends and family.
Plenty of extras such as the detached studio, perfect for the home office/work from home set-up, the huge American style barn, the garage/workshop with carport and the single garage under the main roof, to name a few. There is plenty of room for several vehicles, boats and toys here, with room to spare. Multiple driveways make this block so useable.
The gardens have been lovingly created and maintained over decades. Established trees and shrubs and themed gardens such as Australian native areas, raised vegetable gardens, roses, pottager and the classic English botanic garden. A delightful surprise awaits at the bottom of the garden where you’ll find a billabong and resident kangaroos, an abundance of local flora and fauna such as koalas, echidnas and stunning birdlife.
This location is the perfect blend of convenience with space and nature at your doorstep. Just 20 mins to the CBD via the freeway at Crafers and just moments to Stirling village. Also easily accessible to Blackwood and Belair, the southern suburbs or via the freeway to Mount Barker and beyond. A truly special place, surrounded by quality homes on large allotments with semi-rural environment. Easy access to a number of local schools and easily accessible to public and private schools in the city and Mt Barker via the ParkNRide in nearby Crafers. Walking distance to bus routes.
Some Key Features include:
- Mains water and 86,000 litres of rainwater storage
- 2.4kW premium Sunpower/SMA Solar System
- Ducted Vacuum Cleaning throughout
- Comprehensive security system
- LP Gas fuelled hydronic central heating and reverse cycle air-conditioning
- Ornate Solid Timber Kitchen with Caesarstone benchtops
- Luxurious main bathroom with a 2-person spa bath
- Walk-in robes in the parents’ retreat and double bedroom
- Substantial north-facing deck with covered area, ceiling fans, speakers, and lighting
- Multiple outdoor entertaining areas, including a wood-fired pizza oven and sheltered courtyard with a 4 Burner Beefeater Stainless Steel Gas BBQ
- Detached studio with kitchenette and RC air conditioner
- American Style Barn and workshop/double garage with electricity and water connected
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 6