Making a statement on Northumberland …
Positioned on one of the most prestigious tree lined streets in Tusmore, and privately situated upon approx. 995sqm of fully landscaped gardens is this stunning C1924 sandstone bungalow.
This character residence offers a modern contemporary feel with the period character features of a bygone era. Rarely does a property of this calibre come on the market in this tightly held Tusmore enclave.
This stunning home captures modern family living at its best with soaring 3m ceilings, stunning solid sandstone construction, wide skirting boards and ornate cornices complimented by Jarrah floorboards, 3 generous bedrooms (potential for 4th bedroom opportunity) 2 bathrooms, 4 living areas, home office, parking for up to 5 cars, and a fully landscaped outdoor pool and entertaining area.
The entrance showcases the grandeur and impressive details that await. A primary suite with built-in robes and decorative fireplace takes in views through the custom drapery to the front lush gardens, whilst the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms are ideally situated for versatile family living and overlook the rear pool and gardens.
The formal lounge room is gorgeous. With ornate ceilings, an open fireplace, custom built-in bookcase, and a stunning bench seat overlooking the gardens, that lends itself to a quiet reading space.
Adjacent, the formal dining is the perfect entertainer. Featuring a gas fireplace, servery window to the epicurean kitchen and a character dome ceiling. A converted home office off the dining, adds to the flexibility of the floorplan.
Families will rejoice with the open plan kitchen, family, and dining area. An epicurean kitchen boasts 2Pac cabinetry, Siletone benchtops, dual ovens, zip tap, integrated double drawer dishwasher, and Smeg gas cook top. A fabulous walk-in pantry works well to conceal hidden appliances.
Timber Cedar bifold doors open to maximise views and natural light, creating a seamless indoor-outdoor connection to the rear entertaining zone, pool and landscaped gardens. An outdoor kitchen with a 6-burner gas Beefeater BBQ, provides year-round entertaining for family and friends. The elevated position is ideal for watching kids in the pool or taking in the tranquil surroundings of this fabulous position.
A huge laundry, with luxurious bathroom suite with walk in shower and separate toilet, provides direct access to the pool, perfect for additional storage for families needs.
Start creating memories here on Northumberland Street Tusmore. Throw cocktail parties in the rear alfresco area overlooking the pool, host an intimate dinner for 12 in the formal dining room, or enjoy a casual family meal around the breakfast bar. What a lifestyle, what a rare opportunity for family living in this magnificent setting.
Features we love:
- Situated in prestigious tree lined ‘Northumberland Street’ Tusmore
- Stunning C1924 sandstone bungalow
- Ornate and dome accented ceilings
- Jarrah timber floorboards throughout
- Versatile family accommodation with 4th bedroom flexibility
- Primary suite with built-in robe
- Grand dining room with gas fireplace
- Luxurious lounge room with bench seating
- Home office/study
- Entertainer inspired kitchen with dual ovens, Smeg gas cooktop, and double drawer dishwasher.
- Huge laundry with extensive built-in custom cabinetry and bathroom with walk-shower with direct outside access
- Inground solar heated pool
- Fully integrated outdoor kitchen with Beefeater BBQ
- Side by side 5 car accommodation with extensive driveway parking
- Automatic irrigation
- Automatic electric gates
- Alarm system
- Solar 5.5KW solar system
- Sited on approximately approx. 995sqm
- Exclusive Tusmore locale
- Minutes to Burnside Village and The Parade Norwood.
- Walk to Marryatville shopping destination
- Short walk to Tusmore Park. Close to public transport.
- Zoned for Burnside Primary School, and Linden Park Primary School, and Marryatville High School.
- Close to some of Adelaide’s elite private schools including Saint Peters Girls’ School, Loreto College, Prince Alfred College and St Ignatius College.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 5