Exceptional executive Victorian bluestone duplex villa ideally located for the ultimate Norwood cosmopolitan lifestyle …
Originally built in the 1880’s by the Halls Soft Drink family, this landmark Norwood residence has been meticulously renovated and extended by the current owners with Proske Architects and boutique builders Bower Construction, who have created an ingenious contemporary design that delivers generous living spaces within a concise footprint over two levels.
An eastern suburbs executive townhouse or an intelligent and easy-care modern family residence? The choice is yours how to enjoy the versatile and generous layout spanning two levels centered around the impressive glass atrium that provides and abundance of natural light to both floors.
Location is paramount and this address is unsurpassed being just a short stroll down the tree lined Street to the fashionable retail outlets and restaurants of Norwood Parade. This is Adelaide cosmopolitan living at its best.
Follow the cascading entrance to the timeless bluestone façade, you immediately find yourself appreciating the quality and scale of the property within. The framed hallway and lofty 11ft ceilings draw your view the entire length of the home providing hints of what lies ahead and landing on the vibrant greenery of the rear entertaining area.
On entry you are greeted by the Sitting Room with ornamental fireplace and plantation shutters; an ideal option for those seeking the secluded home office space for taking and making important calls.
The Main Bedroom showcases a wealth of walk-in-robe space and provides for the ultimate privacy with ensuite bathroom hidden behind a secret entrance.
As you venture further into 98 Edward Street, natural light from the internal glass atrium welcomes you into the stunning heart of the property, designed for family and friends to connect throughout the integrated Kitchen, Dining, Living and Outdoor Entertaining area.
The professionally inspired Kitchen features an expanse of bench tops and storage with soft close cabinetry throughout and an island breakfast bar perfect for preparation and presentation. Appliances include side by side pyrolytic undermount Bosch Ovens, Highland 6 Burner gas cooktop, Miele Rangehood and Dishwasher, French door Samsung Refrigerator and Freezer – plumbed to provide chilled water and ice, all located with immediate access to generous Butler’s pantry
Following the Southern Blackbutt hardwood floors the Living Room space on the first-floor transforms from summer light and bright, with floor to ceiling windows embracing the open plan design, to cosy and comfortable in winter with curtains drawn and fireplace blazing in full glory.
Opening the stacked sliding doors at the rear of the home, the internal Dining space effortlessly extends into the undercover alfresco dining and entertaining area. This all-weather entertaining space boasts electric blinds, plantation shutters and an outdoor kitchen featuring built in Weber Q BBQ, stainless steel Heatlie hot plate, rangehood and 2 door undercounter refrigerator.
Downstairs never fails to impress guests who stay in one of the four double bedrooms, all with built in robes and temperature controlled by the ducted heated and cooling that runs throughout the home.
Natural light and air flow through the sliding doors of the lower level of the glass atrium into the expansive second living room, the ideal space for the younger generation to entertain themselves in.
Downstairs also features a large family bathroom with deep soaking spa bath, a second powder room and WC, a storage room perfect for Wine collectors and a family laundry with direct access to rear external stairwell taking you to the clothesline and further storage closet.
FEATURES TO REMEMBER;
- Location, Location, Location.
- Five Double Bedrooms all with Walk/Built in Robes.
- Main Bedroom with secret Ensuite
- Four Bathroom/WC’s
- Ducted gas heating throughout
- Ducted evaporative air-conditioning throughout
- Southern Blackbutt Hardwood floors in integrated living space
- Plush pile carpeting throughout Bedrooms and downstairs.
- Bosch side by side pyrolytic ovens, & Miele dishwasher and rangehood
- Integrated French door Samsung refrigerator and freezer with chilled water & ice.
- Outdoor kitchen: Weber Q built in BBQ, 2 door undercounter bar fridge, Heatlie stainless steel hotplate and rangehood
- Storage room or ideal cellar for Wine Collectors
- Remote Entry Gates to off street parking for three cars
- Carport providing undercover parking for two cars
- Outdoor power blinds to alfresco dining
- R/W tanks
- Tool shed
- Zoned to Marryatville High School and Norwood Primary
- Walk to Prince Alfred College, Saint Peters College, Pembroke College and Loretto College.
- Short stroll to Norwood Parade and it’s variety of eateries, King Pin Bowling center and Hoyts Cinemas provide options for the family along with being home to the Norwood Redlegs football club and Adelaide Crows AFLW matches.
- Walk to Victoria Park and the CBD.
- Norwood Parade home to all major grocers and fashion brands, along with boutique stores, hairdressers, bookstores and retail shops.
- Burnside Village is less than a 5-minute drive away.
- Built 1870
- Land Size 501 SQM
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 3
- Car spaces: 3