Wonderful ‘Weetunga’ presents a country manor by the sea …
Please ring Tim Thredgold 0418 817 407 to inspect on Tuesday and Sunday
C.1880 – Wonderful ‘Weetunga’ presents a country manor by the sea
Completed in 1880 by Samuel White, the original settler of Fulham, this palatial Victorian sandstone villa offers one lucky buyer the opportunity to tie their family’s story to that of historic Weetunga.
From the epic almost 60m frontage, curved gravel driveway and commanding street presence, the tone is set for a magnificent home life – and endless possibility.
Originally fronting onto Henley Beach Road, Weetunga mansion was commissioned by first arrival John White from Fulham London, built by his son Samuel White and made famous by his son, prominent ornithologist Capt. Samuel Albert White. 4 generations of the White family lived there until it was bought by the current owner.
Evoking country charm while moments to Henley Beach, the enchanting manor home retains vast grounds of approx. 4020m2, with over 636m2 of established buildings and practical undercover areas, and extensive grounds on every side are a blank canvas awaiting your landscaping flair.
Passing under the watchful gaze of statues of dogs, lions and owls, and entering dramatically under the turret, a grand tiled entry hall leads you into the cavernous formal lounge, complete with a marble fireplace.
The central hall carries you to four bedrooms, the formal dining and a cosy second lounge, while added in 1918, the sunny kitchen/meals includes modern appliances, and connects the main home to the servants quarters.
Verandahs encircle Weetunga, allowing you every opportunity to catch the day’s sun, while a northwest-facing paved entertainer’s courtyard connects the main home to the outbuildings, creating a magical space for entertaining and relaxing.
Beautiful restorations by our vendor include contemporary updates to two spacious bathrooms, a structural reconstruction of the dramatic central turret, fresh internal paintwork and updated window dressings.
Included in the sale is 12 Weetunga, an approx. 1090m2 allotment positioned to the rear of the property behind private good neighbour fencing. On its own title, the comfortable three-bedroom 80’s home is ideal for blended families or offers a passive income as a rental.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to take a truly extraordinary original home to new heights and make your mark on South Australian history, ideally located moments to the coast in Fulham.
- Priceless original features throughout including towering ceilings, dark polished timber floors, leadlight, cedar woodwork and six ornate fireplaces
- Restored turret offering a whimsical sun-kissed studio space or winter reading room
- Whitewashed and upgraded servant’s quarters with updated bathroom ideal as a chic home office or studio apartment
- Additional external buildings including external storage rooms, a laundry, sheds and a museum
- Underground collector’s wine cellar
- Large carport and rear chicken coop
- A short commute St Michael’s College and Immanuel College while zoned to Henley High School
- Just over 2km to Henley Beach and an easy 7km to the Adelaide CBD via Anzac Highway
Zoning: General Neighbourhood
Council: West Torrens
Council Rate: $ pa
Water Rate (Supply + Sewer): $ pq
ES Levy: $ pa
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 4