- Saturday 22 October 12:00pm — 12:30pm
As its name ‘Stonehenge’ suggests, this enchanting c. 1924 home has stood the test of time for nearly a century …
Auction Location: Saturday the 29th of October at 12:00pm on site.
As its name suggests, this enchanting home has stood the test of time for nearly a century. Situated on a wide Jacaranda lined avenue in the heart of one of Adelaide’s most sought-after eastern suburbs, it offers period character, versatile lifestyle options and a solid family base for the growing tribe.
Introduced by a private formal garden with central fountain, the handsome brick façade with wide return veranda supported by pillars is set well back from the street.
An L-shaped hallway with stunning fretwork arch introduces high ceilings with plaster detailing, and polished Baltic pine boards found throughout.
The large master bedroom featuring decorative plaster ceiling, picture rails and fireplace, incorporates built-in robes and a newly renovated ensuite bathroom with underfloor heating.
Two further bedrooms, also with built -in robes, enjoy delightful views over the front garden, with a fourth bedroom currently disposed as a study/lounge. The family bathroom has been stylishly updated and includes a bath.
The expansive open plan living extension is imbued with warmth, light and space, and takes full advantage of the idyllic surrounds. Large and comfortable casual living is at its heart and extends through to a generous dining room for both formal and informal entertaining, with alternate entry from the hallway.
The delightful kitchen has a hint of country style, with a wrap-around bench, white timber cabinetry, and a window overlooking the rear. A spacious laundry tucked behind has outside access.
French doors, open through to jaw-dropping alfresco delights. The elevated rear deck with a lovely crisscross balustrade is the perfect place to perch and overlook the rear lawn and glass fenced heated pool.
To the side, a monumental undercover area cleverly positioned between the carport and rear garage is not only a huge parking area for further vehicles, but also the ultimate entertaining space for large gatherings all year round, and a safe place for the kids to play.
- Gas heated pool with glass pool fence and cover
- Long driveway extends through to the rear
- Undercover parking for at least 8 vehicles includes carports & double garage with automatic doors
- Remote gate entry
- Pedestrian gate intercom
- Kleenmaid gas cooktop, St George oven, Haier D/W
- Ducted gas heating & evaporative cooling
- Garage loft storage
- Plantation shutters
- Timber fretwork
- Polished boards
- Automatic irrigation
- Coveted Glenunga International High and Linden Park Primary School zone
- Close to Seymour College, Loreto, St Peters Girls, Pembroke and other leading colleges
- Outstanding eastern suburbs position
- Situated less than 5 km from Victoria Square
- Walk to Burnside Village & Greenhill Rd shopping, cafes & bars
- Symons Reserve, Webb Oval, Glenunga Hub & Reserve; Frewville Supermarket
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 5