A timeless maisonette reimagined into something special on the cusp of the city …
Cute and quaint from the street; this C1900 single-fronted cottage is proof that first impressions tend to tell only half the story, such is the magic of this maisonette-reimagined on a parcel that keeps going and going and ends in prized rear lane access.
In between is an inspired transformation that turned the tired and weary original home into a flawless, white and bright introduction to a spectacular barn-style open-plan addition.
Soaring to almost six metres high, the sky-lit extension bounces bundles of natural light from engineered timber floors to its textured white brick walls and onto a custom kitchen.
And with a sea of stone, an ultra-modern profile, expansive island, the latest Fisher and Paykel appliances, a butler’s pantry and a white-on-white colour scheme, it’s nothing short of a class act.
A long hallway only amplifies the unhindered flow from front to back, feeding along the way three bedrooms, including a master with walk-in robe and ensuite – one of two fully-tiled bathrooms, each with underfloor heating.
Speaking of the back, those barns-style ceilings follow the same course outside, where a timber-decked alfresco pavilion is plumbed for an outdoor kitchen and keen to host that house warming dinner.
The rear double garage strikes its own dramatic figure, casting a black backdrop to the landscaped, private rear yard. The backdrop to one very special transformation.
More to love:
– Zoned for Glenunga Internatinal High School
– Remote entry to rear double garage
– Ducted reverse cycle heating and cooling throughout, plus gas log fire to open-plan living
– Stunning wet areas, including a sky-lit main bathroom with stone freestanding bath tub
– Dishwasher and 900mm gas cooktop
– Easy-care landscaped gardens to front and rear
– Freshly painted throughout
– Large separate laundry
– Updated LED downlighting throughout
– Just a short stroll from the cafes, restaurants and public transport on Unley Road
– Walking distance from the CBD
– And much more.
CT / 5109/675
Council / City of Unley
Zoning / Established Neighbourhood
Built / 1900
Council Rates / $1252 pa
SA Water / $275.91pq
ES Levy / $234.05pa
Nearby Schools / Parkside Primary School, Gilles Street P.S, Goodwood P.S, Sturt Street Community School, Glenunga International High School, Mitcham Girls H.S
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 2