Your ode to Palm Springs; an architectural feat that flips the script in family living …
Conceived by Architects Ink – Adelaide’s preeminent authority on all things modernist – a creation that draws inspiration from the mid-twentieth century and, more subtly, the universally adored dwellings of Palm Springs is every bit a home made specifically for Adelaide’s geographical and seasonal nuances.
And it’s a beautiful, beautiful thing.
Every carefully-planned square inch plays its part in delivering an untouched multi-level home that wraps its white, bright, Blag-built arms around its defining double-height central courtyard, creating an ‘L’-shaped gallery to the fully-tiled magnesium pool and its timber decked surrounds.
Despite the height and breadth of the courtyard, its northern orientation and a prolific use of double glazed glass conjures palpable tranquility and intimacy while ensuring almost every space within the home’s two-level footprint is awash with natural light.
Of the many spaces that make the courtyard the centre of their attention, the upper-level family room soars highest, succeeding in diverting your focus to the open-plan kitchen with low-profile stone benchtops, island/ breakfast bar, Smeg’s latest and greatest, and a secret walk-in pantry.
The way light plays an intricate game of hide and seek is all part of the architect’s master plan for this versatile home that places three bedrooms, retreat, bathroom and a large wine cellar on the lower floor alone, ensuring the master suite enjoys uninterrupted refuge above.
Whether it’s the oversized ‘pale sunshine’ entry door that adds just the right amount of ‘pop’ to the home’s pared back facade, the custom steel balustrading, louvre windows, oak flooring or the external Vental blinds that alter that light with the push of a button; like all great creations, the devil is in the details.
And it’s a beautiful, beautiful thing.
More to love:
– Architecturally designed by the award-winning Architects Ink, brought to life by revered builder Blag Homes
– Ingenious floorplan caters for many circumstances and stages in life
– Architectural qualities and integrity achieved via a prolific use of concrete and commercial grade steel
– Entertainer’s terrace pavilion with elevated pool view
– Concrete solar heated pool with spa jets
– Walk-in robe and ensuite to master bedroom
– Smeg double ovens and integrated dishwasher
– Double garage with burnished concrete floors, remote Panelift entry and rear ‘mud room’
– Ducted reverse cycle heating and cooling
– High ceilings throughout
– Fully landscaped gardens with automatic watering system
– Clipsal Wiser home automation system
– Custom storage/joinery throughout
– Large under-ground ‘cellar room’ with polished concrete floors
– Metres from Scotch College and moments from Mercedes College
– A short drive from Mitcham Square shopping precinct
– Close to the walking trails of Brown Hill Creek
Also known as Lot 101 Mclaren Street, Torrens Park
CT / 6261/26, 6261/28
Council / Mitcham
Zoning / Suburban Neighbourhood
Built / 2023
Land / 652m2
Frontage / 14.93m
Council Rates / $1564.85pa
Emergency Services Levy / $170.95pa
SA Water / $197pq
Estimated rental assessment / Written rental assessment can be provided upon request
Nearby Schools / Mitcham P.S, Clapham P.S, Belair P.S, Unley H.S, Mitcham Girls H.S, Urrbrae Agricultural H.S, Springbank Secondary College
Disclaimer: All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property’s land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition). Interested parties should make their own enquiries and obtain their own legal and financial advice. Should this property be scheduled for auction, the Vendor’s Statement may be inspected at any Harris Real Estate office for 3 consecutive business days immediately preceding the auction and at the auction for 30 minutes before it starts. RLA | 226409
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Car spaces: 2